21-Day Meditation Challenge: Day 5: Count Down to Calm<br>Nikki Estrada

21-Day Meditation Challenge: Day 5: Count Down to Calm
Nikki Estrada

Watch this Practice
Curtis Hamilton
I like your guided meditation better. Using this technique, I never made it down to 1. I had to keep going back to 50 and starting over. But if I had to meditate without your guidance, I would try this technique more often.
Jenny S
3 people like this.
I love a good counting meditation, and this was a new one for me. It was very effective and calming. What I like about a counting meditation is that my mind does not wander as much as it does in a guided meditation. For me, a guided practice holds too many triggers for my imagination to run wild.

As for the posture, I always sit this way in meditation πŸ‘Œ
Debra D
2 people like this.
Thank you Nikki. This particular counting technique was new to me and I found it very serene. I find meditations guided by imagery rather too distracting. I like the neutrality of counting. But each to her own, right? I’m really enjoying this series πŸ“ΏπŸŽπŸ™πŸ»
Nikki Estrada
excellent Debra - yes to each their own which is why I offered so many techniques within this challenge. It is important to find what works for us!
Matthew
2 people like this.
nice to try something different, with the seating and counting - though ended up moving back to crossed legs and ignoring the counting (after about 15 mins). missed the initial more detailed direction with the body scan. still interesting though, thanks.
Glenford N
1 person likes this.
Hi Nikki. I found the counting technique distracting so went back to simply observing my breath . I didn't change my posture. I enjoyed being in meditation longer and the sense of calm peace and contentment. Namaste
Kate M
1 person likes this.
I second what Jenny says above. This counting technique is a bit different from others I've used - I found it very effective.  My knees are not happy sitting for any length of time cross-legged, so seiza is my preferred posture. 
Nikola J
2 people like this.
Really loved this counting technique, very effective. Still finding I have to alter my seating position at some point due to damaged achillies /shortened hamstrings. But I find that's its not breaking my flow. Thank you, Namaste and Awen πŸ™
Ali
Ali
1 person likes this.
Hi Nikki, I have found all of your guided meditations helpful, including this one. I have really enjoyed checking in each day with my emotions and energy and have been surprised at the very different feelings and energy states each day. Today I felt very jumpy as I am attending a conference and will be presenting a paper. It was good to recognise my jumpiness.
Is it ok to visualise the numbers? I had so many distracting thoughts that I imagined them being contained within balloons shaped like the numbers! This was the way I found for containing them, and staying with the counting.
Samantha P
1 person likes this.
I loved this technique. I found myself really relaxing into it when I got below 20. I will definitely do this one often.
1-10 of 19

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial