Wake Up with Yoga: Calm and Connected<br>Birgitte Kristen

Wake Up with Yoga: Calm and Connected
Birgitte Kristen

Watch this Practice
Summer
Lovely, as always! I recently cut a tendon in my wrist and am in a splint to immobilize… it’s felt very confining and frustrating to not have the full use of my body. I try to see it as an invitation to slow, be tender and to explore new territory, however it’s challenging and I miss certain poses. This practice was mostly doable and felt great in my hips! Plus your voice and guidance are so calming and therapeutic. Thank you for a beautiful start to the day 💛
Birgitte
1 person likes this.
Summer Hi Summer, So sorry to hear about you wrist. I agree, it is an opportunity to slow down, but I also know that it can be somewhat frustrating....but as you know, this too shall pass. I am happy to hear that the practice served you well. Sending you healing thoughts. Warmest, Birgitte
Bron L
1 person likes this.
These practices are what I have always wanted when I went to my Iyengar classes. Short and sweet. Thanks for this!
Birgitte
Bron L Dear Bron, That is wonderful to hear. So happy that these sequences are working for you. Thank you for your feedback. Namaste, Birgitte
Tracy C
Nice...
Birgitte
Tracy C Hi Tracy, Great to hear. Thank you! Namaste, Birgitte
Sandra Židan
Interesting practice, Birgitte! I loved the pose with book reading(I am a librarian and I love reading). Thanks and kind regards!💖
Birgitte
1 person likes this.
Sandra Židan Hi Sandra, I love that pose as well. Though, I prefer reading while not practicing yoga........the lady I spoke about resisted doing the yoga in a mindful way...always skipped Savasana. We all start somewhere, and I was honestly happy that she was in my class and doing what she could. Years later, she came to my class again and actually stayed for Savasana! Thank you for practicing with me and I am sure you  inspiring people to read. Warmest, Birgitte
Wendie Heijmer-Arendse
Very nice practice, feels good! Can you give me some advice to strengthen my stiff hamstings? (especially with the sides moves of the leg with the strap) Everyone has it's own body limits ofcourse maybe my hamstrings/ tendons are shorter? 
Have a nice day & Greetz from the Netherlands
Birgitte
1 person likes this.
Wendie Heijmer-Arendse Hi Wendie, It is quite normal to have tight hamstrings. Though, in the yoga community you see so many people with flexible hamstrings, including teachers who may in fact have a background in dance, gymnastics, martial arts, etc. It is important to both strengthen and stretch your hamstrings, because most students have a combination of weak and tight hamstrings. Also, keep in mind, we are all structurally different and to a certain degree, we inherit some of that from our parents. Perhaps you are a runner/athlete and you may not have had a strong stretching routine...or perhaps, you simply have  muscles that in general are tighter....ligaments that are tighter. (I on the other hand have more loose ligaments which is actually not to be desired...). I have to look around in my videos to see which practice would be most beneficial when it comes to addressing hamstrings. I will share later today or tomorrow. Keep in mind, in order to achieve more flexibility, you will see better results when you practice 3-5 times a week. Greetings from LA to the Netherlands. Warmest, Birgitte
11-20 of 21

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial