30 Day Yoga Challenge: Day 13: Stoked Core<br>Robert Sidoti

30 Day Yoga Challenge: Day 13: Stoked Core
Robert Sidoti

Watch this Practice
Ranjani K
1 person likes this.
I exercise regularly doing cardio and weights several times a week, but boy was this a tough one!! Loved it though:) Thank you!
Tanya M
1 person likes this.
I most certainly am sweating, but it could also be that it’s because I live in Australia and it’s summer. 😁
Meagan P
1 person likes this.
Wow, hadn't expected that! My shoulders are still shaking! 
Question- I have hypermobility in my shoulders (and hands, fingers, ankles, elbows and knees). I know I need to be careful as to how far I stretch, but if I don't go far enough I don't feel anything. For me, going "far enough" is usually farther than the average person. I'm still learning how I can protect myself from injury, when I don't even know I'm doing something which could hurt me! 
Robert Sidoti
Hi Ranjani !! It's 11 months now after you've posted your comment, wow, I'm kind of late!! How are you? I'm sure you've finished the challenge by now - still with us here at Yoga Anytime? Just wanted to say hi and send some positivity your way! 
Robert Sidoti
Hey hey hey Tanya !! Apologies for 4 month delay in responding, missed your comment, my bad! Still in Australia? How are you? Hope you are healthy and safe, Robert
Robert Sidoti
Good morning Meagan ! How are your shoulders feeling now? Better and less sore I hope :) 
Great question and concern about being hyper-mobile. In my experience with the yoga practice specifically, the focus always leans toward stretching and flexibility - this is where everyone runs into trouble and ultimately gets injured - the quest for depth!! It can be fun challenging and very rewarding to work toward and accomplish a pose, I do get it! Based on my own practice and teachings over the years, I lean much more toward very moderate flexibility and work toward strength. How do we and can we access muscular engagement first and foremost, then from there, once understood and felt, we work toward more challenging postures requiring flexibility - engaging core and necessary muscles during the given endeavor - make sense? 

Robert Sidoti
Meagan  - in my opinion, for you, I'd lean toward strength sensations and engagements and not worry too much about deepening or feeling your flexibility - pull in toward midline, engage core, flex and fire through feet and legs etc ... hard to really express clearly here but I hope this is helpful! :))  If you are in the 'correct' muscular engagement, most likely you'll be safe in your quest for the flexibility sensations - stay in the muscle my friend, away from the joints. 
Stephanie U
1 person likes this.
wow! nice jump start of the core- activated for sure! thanks for all you do.
Robert Sidoti
Hey there Stephanie !! You're welcome - THANKS for practicing with me here! Always a good feeling to get that core activated and energized for the day ahead - not always the most pleasant feels, but well worth it in so many ways! Have a great day! 
Joan J
1 person likes this.
Great core workout, I need these sessions.  Gotta love that wicked plank, I feel that deep in my core. Grateful for your teachings, this
one goes into my FAVORITE list.   Blessings to you🌸🌾💮
31-40 of 50

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial