The Self Care Challenge: Self Care Preparation<br>Kelly Sunrose

The Self Care Challenge: Self Care Preparation
Kelly Sunrose

Watch this Talk
Kathleen C
3 people like this.
Daily routines are so important! I'm trying to manage my depression/anxiety without medication so I have to do certain things every day- yoga, meditate, light therapy, green tea, etc. Looking forward to this challenge!
Susan M
2 people like this.
any other oils for oil pulling? Sesame Oil is rather strong isn't it? Or, is there a more refined sesame oil?
Kira Sloane
1 person likes this.
Susan, Kelly Sunrose will respond, but I like coconut oil! xokira
Kelly Sunrose
Hi Susan I LOVE your question. The short answer is "yes" you can use other oils for oil pulling. Depending on how deeply into this experiment you want to go, there are a few options for finding a good fit for you. I settled on sesame after trying out a few different types of oil (coconut, sunflower, sesame and olive-- I know! WHOA!) and studying the effects. For me, the effects I saw and felt on my skin from using sesame (raw, not toasted) were significant and lead to my decision to use that as my primary oil for oil pulling and self-massage. For a less research-intense project :) , you might look to the general body-oil recommendations that Ayurveda offers depending on your constitution: sesame for vata, coconut or sunflower for pitta, sunflower, corn or almond for kapha. Finally, there is an oil-herb blend made by Banyan Botanicals especially for oil pulling. I'm interested in what you choose, so please keep us posted! :) Thanks so much for being here.
Jess P
Hi Kelly. I've - well, a number of disabilities rolled up together into two forms of lupus: SLE and CNS lupus. I'm almost 40 now, have had this since age 10. I've also practiced yoga since age 16, starting with hatha. But, you know, when I first listened to your welcome message yesterday I started to tear up and was confused by this, till my internal mind said to me, "You need this. You take so much time worrying about others, but very little about yourself." I guess that's true; I do love to help people as much as I can, and it never feels like I've done enough, but you know I never established a real "daily routine" like you discuss on day two. This feels weird to me, I have to admit, therefore. But I guess maybe I do need it? Anyway, thank you for putting it out there.
11-15 of 15

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial