The Self Care Challenge: Day 5: Be Your Own Medicine<br>Kelly Sunrose

The Self Care Challenge: Day 5: Be Your Own Medicine
Kelly Sunrose

Watch this Practice
Astrid U
3 people like this.
AAAHHH what a de-light-full experience to ungrip , loose the grasp and feel so soft...,as I opened my eyes after the meditation and my sight met the vast yard covered in snow with the morning sun glistening over and the many birds eating at the bird feeder,I experienced a much deeper connection (and still am as I write this) with the magic beauty of nature and just BEING in the experience. Thank you again Kelly for your gentle profound and sincere guidance!!
Already yesterday I let go of entertaining and distracting myself with Netflix shows as I cook and eat and do various chores. I'm committed to being mindful about this . I will abstain from checking facebook till next Monday and then I will make a new decision based on the feedback I got from the experience.
Hasta mañana :)
Kelly Sunrose
Yesssssss! What beautiful reflections, Astrid. It's amazing what opens up when we do let go of our preferred distractions for just a moment or two! Cannot wait to hear about what comes up after your facebook hiatus! xo!
Sarasloves
3 people like this.
Oh Kelly, THIS spoke to me. Yes, to being more aware and intentional about what I let in; books, podcasts, emails, courses, mailings, conversations, TV shows (except Grace and Frankie!!). Thank you again, for inviting such great self-study into our lives.
Big love to you.
xx
Kelly Sunrose
YESSSSS, Sara! Beautiful work. Big love to YOU!
(& to Grace & Frankie!!!xoxo)
Tamie F
1 person likes this.
Kelly, this my be an odd question but, I am wondering how you choose the particular movements and poses to support the theme of each episode. I am loving my experience but I wonder if I'm missing the connection that others see more clearly than I do.
Kelly Sunrose
Tamie Hello! Thank you so much for being here. Yes, the movement practices are meant to complement the teachings, and I created each movement pattern especially for its corresponding day/teaching. One of the boons of practice is locating the connections your own body makes when moving through the sequences and prompts and it is likely (lucky!) that you may find some connections that had not occurred to me or others and vice versa; the work is to stay curious about your own experience. So happy to be in practice together! XO!
Glenford N
Lovelt practice enabling me to go deeper into my inner energy and shut out the distractions of ths world and my own grasping habits. There was a palpable tingling in my body and I felt so alive I did a 2K run afterwards. For the rest of the day I kept in touch with that feeling and was content serene and empowered. Thanks Kelly.
Brenda S
1 person likes this.
Kelly, your meditation was amazing. My bod loosened in ways I’ve not felt. Grateful , B
Kelly Sunrose
Brenda S  SO happy to hear! Reading your comment brought a big smile to my face. Thank you so much for sharing.
Brenda S
Kelly, I am changing up my habits, like you suggested, by being in the moment and celebrating each second. You mentioned that you put butter in your coffee. Is that ghee? Why do you do that? I think it is lubricant the insides. I was thinking if adding MCT oil, I will if it’s purposeful. I haven’t started the sesame oil in my mouth because I got the wrong oil, only for external use. One yoga instructor from Yoga Anytime suggested to rub oil on my body let it sit for an hour and then take a shower so that the oil gets inside. I did that and my skin did feel much better. Anyways, I thought it was interesting that you said you shouldn’t spit out the oil because it might ruin the pipes. That was very kind of scary to think about… All that ‘ick’ is in our body. I do like that idea of doing what I can to excrete toxins, but I get up and drink a hot cup of water with lemon to cleanse my organs in the morning. I don’t like to take a shower right away because I like to go for my walk and then my yoga and then take my shower. So I think it would defeat the purpose to do a sesame seed oil swish in my mouth at that time, what do you think?  I know there are many ways to do things to help your body, I am trying to find the one that will work best for me in my daily routine. Also, I liked the idea of a day without complaints. I did have to change my conversations...the next day, I spewed some, but not all because I took time to rethink what bothered me. And...it didn’t feel cathartic when I complained, it made me embarrassed-weird eh? Thank you for listening, namaste
1-10 of 11

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial