Good Morning Yoga: Good Morning Quickie<br>Alana Mitnick

Good Morning Yoga: Good Morning Quickie
Alana Mitnick

Watch this Practice
Kristi M
1 person likes this.
LOVE this practice.  Hits every spot -- and only 20 minutes so no excuse for missing it.  THank you! 
Alana Mitnick
Awesome, Kristi! So happy to hear that you enjoyed this (your) morning practice. Thank you for being here and sharing. Enjoy your day! Love, Alana
Andrew S
1 person likes this.
Hi Alana. This is great. I can do it even if I'm getting up really early without much sleep. The routine makes it easy for me to add in some quick push-ups and leg raises, breakfast and out the door. Now I just have to make it consistent 
Alana Mitnick
Good morning, Andrew! Sounds like you've got a great morning routine happening. Yes, consistency makes a difference... a wise teacher once said, don't ask yourself if you FEEL like practicing (meditation), just DO IT. You always feel better afterwards. Enjoy! Warmly, Alana
Andrew S
1 person likes this.
Hi Alana. This is very true. One hears the "just do it" slogan in many variations all the time. However, If you take the time to ask yourself if "you feel like it" the answer is quite often No, at least for me. That is a major stumbling block.  I'm up at 5am and I my first thought is generally, I just don't feel like doing this, so all too often I don't.  I never feel physically or mentally better when I miss a practice just because I don't feel like it. It's a huge hurdle for me to get over. Anyhow, I'm going to go for the month of September and break that habit and get that question out of my head. Don't ask yourself if you FEEL like practicing, just DO IT Thanks
Alana Mitnick
Exactly Andrew. I think it's a huge hurdle for just about everyone! The simple fact that you are aware of this allows for the possibility of change. Just stay close to the feeling AFTER your practice...and don't think, just practice! Keep us posted on how the month of September is going for you. You've got THIS! xoA
Andrew S
1 person likes this.
Well, 23 out of 30 days. Not perfect, but getting on with October
Alana Mitnick
That's pretty fantastic, Andrew! How are you feeling with a consistent yoga practice? Enjoy! Alana 
Andrew S
2 people like this.
Being consistent really makes a difference.  I'm finding that I want to do more for even more improvement. I have other regular exercise I do at night which is not yoga but I'm trying to fit in practices from your "wait for it" series. I'm only doing that once or twice a week. If I'm doing regular calisthenic type stuff like pushups and situps I'm trying to do it with a yoga style,like a vinyasa style pushup. I think that's the right terminology. Anyhow, all is good
Ashley
1 person likes this.
All is good, indeed Andrew. We're happy to have you here with us! So glad to hear you're getting value from incorporating both vinyasa-style and yin/restorative practices in with your other exercises.

Warm wishes, Ashley from Yoga Anytime :)
41-50 of 78

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial