Fluid Strength: Mood Booster Flow<br>Lydia Zamorano

Fluid Strength: Mood Booster Flow
Lydia Zamorano

Watch this Practice
David G-
I am so hooked. This replaced another bike workout. I am going to get in grape shape trying to move like you, and be then inspired when my body is shaking and I can see you still having fun. My body was happily shaking on the mat before savasana. I remembered I took a step towards the back bend, getting up on my head. And I don't think I ever moved like this as a little boy. Have a great weekend! 
Lydia Zamorano
David Goldstein This message gives me a huge smile David. I can relate to the joy of trying something completely new and playful. Your commitment to your practice is inspiring! Warmth, Lydia 
Nadine T
You and the class lifted my mood!!! Enjoyed the pace.
Lydia Zamorano
Nadine T Best news! Thanks for taking the time to comment Nadine. Warmth, Lydia 
David G-
Love this class Lydia. Listened to Joni Mitchell while I rode my bike afterwards. Go Canada! Also, I was shaking again on the matt, and I ate two bagels before "the grape" workout (see first comment). I am English teacher so that typo is a small mortification.  

You mentioned in one of your practices the "snake" in the sacral area. Curious what your thoughts are about that. 

Lovely way to start my new year. Namaste. 
Lydia Zamorano
David Goldstein Hi! It's so great to hear this is a practice you are coming back to! 
The snake in the sacral area could be a reference to the yogic idea of an energetic channel running up from the sacrum to the skull, following the line of the central nervous system. In the yogic philosophy, there is a metaphor of a snake coiled and dormant at the base of the spine. When the practitioner wakes up to reality, the snake is rumoured to rise up the spine and perhaps create a transformation, a burst of energy, or a rebirth of sorts. If we think about our central nervous system, and how the practices might influence it, this could be an image that sparks curiosity and wonder. What do you think? 
I hope you have a grape new year! haha :) 
David G-
Yes, I like that "wake up to reality" aspect. I have lived all that you have written above in the last 10 months. No rumors needed. I have been thinking of my transformation in line with yin/yang, balancing the light and dark emotions, and activating the deeper muscles while relaxing the superficial ones. The serpent is neither yin nor yang, but the unleashing is perhaps the balancing of both elements in the body/mind/spirit? So many men and women are out of balance. The world itself is out of balance. Pretty obvious statements. I really dug when you spoke about mindbody (no space). I could say same for yinyang or flexiblemuscular. Geez, sorry, I am starting to babble.  
Lydia Zamorano
David Goldstein Wow yes! I love this reflection. I can't resist adding to this... in the yogic philosophy there are two channels rising up the spine that appear to wind around each other, similar to a double helix image. The two channels are the sun and the moon, the masculine and the feminine. I thought that might be resonant. With warmth, Lydia 
David G-
Lydia, it resonates very loudly! Till my next practice… 
David G-
Hey: I came back here randomly. So cool to read what I wrote. Life has been messy lately, but this sequence cheered me up to practice some ahimsa. 
11-20 of 23

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial