Too Tight to Stretch: Stiff Neck and Shoulders<br>Alana Mitnick

Too Tight to Stretch: Stiff Neck and Shoulders
Alana Mitnick

Watch this Practice
Carlene B
1 person likes this.
Thank you for the gentle practice today. I have a damaged left shoulder and it felt good to get a little stretch into it with no harm done. And my soul feels nourished too!

Alana Mitnick
Hi Charlene, I am so delighted that you found this practice helpful and nourishing. Please stay in touch and let me know if you have any questions or comments along the way. xoA
Jacqueline T
1 person likes this.
I am wondering if there is any significance to keeping the fingers apart in Anjoli mudra? I thought they were supposed to be held together. Also, I noticed Alana sometimes gestures with thumb & index fingers touching, but doesn't give instruction or what it means (just curious) I feel so much better after these gentle stretches. Such a logical, progressive sequence. Beautiful, and thank you!!
Alana Mitnick
Good Morning, Jacqueline! So delighted to be practicing together. Thank you for your great questions... you are very perceptive!

Anjali Mudra (hands together at heart): Notice, what feels best for you? Palms pressing has a particular feeling (calming, balancing, etc.), whereas palms slightly apart has another. For me, keeping the fingers apart allows my neck/shoulders to relax and just feels softer.

Thumb & Index Gesture: This happens spontaneously as I tune towards (or channel) the teachings / instructions that are coming through (kind if like my cosmic antena).
Jacqueline T
Hi Alana! I so appreciate your intuition and sensitivities with energy btw. your palms. I'm going to try the Anjali Mudra in the different ways you said, and see what feels best.

I never heard of channeling before with asanas, only with chanting and meditation. What a beautiful, heart-opening connection you have!

May I borrow your "cosmic antenna" to mention in my classes? It's absolutely divine! Thank you!
Alana Mitnick
Hi Jacqueline! Yes, of course! Thank you for your presence in the forum. It's so helpful to receive your comments, questions, and insights. xoA
Karen H
Thank you so much for this sequence. My shoulders feel fantastic afterwards.
Alana Mitnick
Wonderful Karen! So delighted you are here! xoA
Joan J
1 person likes this.
I love this slow, gentle releasing of the neck and shoulder muscles, where I hold so much tightness. I also appreciate the stretching of the wrists, you help me release some tension in my front arms with those positions, areas often overlooked. Love the wall sequences, intense but very effective. My shoulders and neck feel nice and loose now. I so enjoy your practices and coaching Alana.
Alana Mitnick
This warms my heart, Joan! Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so happy to hear that you found relief in your neck, shoulders, and wrists. These are areas where so many of us hold habitual tension and tightness. It's amazing how effective stretching can be when approached mindfully and with tender care and investigation. So glad you are here! Love, Alana
21-30 of 61

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial