Yin Yoga: Yin to Listen In<br>Kira Sloane

Yin Yoga: Yin to Listen In
Kira Sloane

Watch this Practice
Petra L
What an early xmas present to realize that I had "missed" this episode of yours! Just what I needed and hoping that you will add "new stuff" with you as soon as possible! Happy Holidays Kira!
Kira Sloane
Dearest Petra, Merry Christmas! Hope you have cozy plans and are closing out the year with loved ones. LOVE! k
Sandra Židan
Hi, Kira! This was a great practice although I couldn't be so long in the snail pose- I had to leave it earlier! Kind regards!
Kira Sloane
Sandra, so happy you are honoring to good information and guidance within you! Xok
Dana M
I love this sequence - it feels so good! I’m wondering if you could offer some tips for me for the lunge. No matter the modifications I make in the lunge, it is very hard on the hip flexors of my stabilizing leg. Are there either tips to release this pressure or an alternative pose?
Dana M
1 person likes this.
I love this sequence - it feels so good! I’m wondering if you could offer some tips for me for the lunge. No matter the modifications I make in the lunge, it is very hard on the hip flexors of my stabilizing leg. Are there either tips to release this pressure or an alternative pose?
Kira Sloane
Hi Dana M, yes! Here are 3 ideas:

1. Reclining Buddha with Thigh Stretch
Can you imagine lying on one side and drawing the top leg's foot towards your backside? To get more stretch in that shape, you can tuck your tailbone under slightly. 

2. Supine Psoas Stretch
Lying on your back, with your feet against a wall, place a block (or two) or bolster under your lower sacrum to lift your hips up. Press firmly through the foot (into the wall) of the leg that you are hoping to stretch and draw the other knee into your chest. To increase the stretch, and be more like a lunge, you can bring the leg that's close to you into Half Happy Baby. 

See next comment for the 3rd idea.
Kira Sloane
Dana M, continued.

3. Half Reclining Hero
While seated on the floor, bend knee of one leg so foot is pointed back towards your seat (1/2 hero pose). If too demanding on your knee, sit up on a blanket or block.  Bend the knee of the other leg so your foot is on the floor. Draw your tailbone under and begin to walk your hands behind you to create a sensation in the thigh of the leg in 1/2 hero's pose. If easy, come to your elbows, lowering all the way down to the floor on your back if everything is cooperating. 

I am sorry to not be able to, at the moment, find videos in which these variations appear. I am pretty sure throughout the Yin Yoga Show, all of these are shown at some point. Hopefully, we can find the perfect alternative for you, Dana. 

Thank you for being here. xoK
Sara S
1 person likes this.
Felt a little more unfolding today
Kira Sloane
Sara S, wonderful news! xok
11-20 of 30

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial