Yin Yoga: Altar of the Spine<br>Kate Smith

Yin Yoga: Altar of the Spine
Kate Smith

Watch this Practice
Kate Smith
1 person likes this.
David Goldstein that last comment is STUPENDOUS !!! This made my day. Love being on this yin yoga journey with you. keep the epiphanies coming....those are the BEST. Cheers, Brother
Donna S
1 person likes this.
Thank you.  I'd really been suffering in my neck. Your spine attention has greatly helped ease that.  I also love "the altar of the yogi is the spine". 
Kate Smith
2 people like this.
Donna S I too love the idea of the altar of the yogi being the Spine. I have to give credit to Paul Grilley for that one. He's a great yin teacher and I did numerous trainings with him. I recall him saying that only a handful of times -- I was usually in a deep meditative state after a practice with him -- and the words really sunk in. I love that as yogis, we carry our altar with us wherever we go. Reminds me of the reverence of the body on a daily basis. I can metaphorically kneel at the altar at any point in my day  with just a simple thought of gratitude for my spine. 

I too suffer from neck pain from time to time -- it's my trouble-spot area in my body -- so I am especially glad to hear this practice eased your neck. 
Grateful you're out there -- thanks for practicing with me cosmically. ;) -Kate
21-23 of 23

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial