21-Day Meditation Challenge: Day 7: AUM<br>Nikki Estrada

21-Day Meditation Challenge: Day 7: AUM
Nikki Estrada

Watch this Practice
Nikki Estrada
Beverly I guess you would say you are thinking it, internally. Its like saying something over and over in your head to yourself, but its a sanskrit mantra.
Beverly H
Ok. Not verbal. Thank you. 🧘🏽‍♀️
Glenford N
1 person likes this.
I am getting better at connecting to the inner reservoir- the river of life. The breathing technique helps to slow my body down and the inner Aum will come more naturally with practice. The exciting thing is to discover the never changing energy which I can tap into on a daily basis. Thanks Nikki. Namaste.
Kate M
1 person likes this.
I found myself getting distracted and pulled out of a focus on the mantra by all the commentary. I understand that this is a teaching video, so I guess it makes sense to have the commentary! I will come back to trying this on my own later : )
Nikki Estrada
Kate yes its a bit of a balancing act on my part- trying to support you staying focused and not have too much lack of instruction! Try it on your own and see how it goes. 
Kate M
1 person likes this.
Nikki Estrada I have found that it works best for me if I listen to the instruction first (while doing some asana) and then try the technique out on my own after : ) It must be challenging to present! I mean, it might looks a little odd to have 15 minutes of silence on a video : ) Thank you for this offering. It is wonderful to explore these different techniques.
Mirey A
1 person likes this.
Dear Nikki, I love the techniques you teach but find it quite intrusive the way you interrupt. It may be preferable to give the guidance at the beginning instead of constantly interrupting the meditation to talk about Om, and it's impact and such. Perhaps a sign that I'm unable to meditate with distractions around, so apologies for that. But globally I've learned good techniques and don't intend to continue meditating with you, rather listening to the practice and meditating by myself afterwards as there's too much mellow talking there.
Kira Sloane
1 person likes this.
Hi Mirey! We are so grateful to you helping us make more effective meditation videos. I am pretty sure that I was the "director" on this show's production and encouraged Nikki to say more rather than less in these beginning sessions to help the potentially new meditator stay present. She gets quieter as the practices continue. So happy to hear that you have techniques that work for you. Warmly, Kira
Nikki Estrada
Mirey Yes! It is a balancing act to teach meditation in general and especially on video to a wide range of students. Kira did ask me in the beginning to not leave too much silence because for many people they need a little more "holding" with their attention. The great thing is you don't need that kind of support and I love that you are learning the techniques and then using them on your own. Perfect solution- and thank you for participating. Be well, Nikki
11-20 of 23

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial