Good Morning Yoga: Greet the Day<br>Alana Mitnick

Good Morning Yoga: Greet the Day
Alana Mitnick

Watch this Practice
Alana Mitnick
Hi Julia! So delighted that you enjoyed the longer stretchy-feel-good practice. It's wonderful to have those extra few minutes of practice before (or after) easing into the day. So glad you're here! xoA
Alana Mitnick
You're welcome, Lori! :) Yes... home in your HEART. Hope you're having a wonderful trip. Glad to see that you're making space for your practice. Sending LOVE from Ojai. xoA
Anne C
1 person likes this.
Thanks Alana this is a wonderful way to start the day.
Alana Mitnick
Hi Anne! Nice to see you here. :) So happy to hear that you enjoyed the practice. Warm wishes, Alana
Carol P
1 person likes this.
Hello Alana Mitnick :

Firstly, Alana this was a great morning routine for me. I am searching all your yin videos with hip stretches. Thank you!!

I have a question about opening the hips, my right hip feels very tight and it wants to rotate outward toward the right. (wide child's pose is painful, goddess pose is not) There does not seem to be balance between the left and right hip, what stretches can I do to reset the balance between my two hips?
Alana Mitnick
Hi Carol! Thank you for your question. Can you tell me a bit more about the imbalance you feel, and for how long have you been feeling this? What do you notice with internal rotation... for example in Bridge Pose or Chair Pose? These are symmetrical shapes that focus on strengthening and stabilizing.

As a rule of thumb, pain is real and is to be avoided. As you approach stretching your right hip, can you practice staying "in front" of the pain, or rather, practicing pausing before you feel pain? I would avoid Wide Childs for now, and perhaps find a similar shape on your back with knees into chest. Please feel free to send me a private message in the forum. Warmly, Alana
Cheryl W
1 person likes this.
Hi Alana Mitnick Thanks for an amazing start to the day. This was so gentle but I feel energized to start my day. I have just finished your start yoga challenge and this was a great way to step it up.

Thanks again
Alana Mitnick
HI Cheryl - Wonderful to hear from you! So happy that you found this practice gentle and energizing for you. What a sweet combo. Enjoy your practice! Love, Alana
Michelle F
1 person likes this.
Alana,Seasons greetings from sunny spain this fine christmas morning - what a wonderful way to start the day! Thank you
loveandpeacexxx
Alana Mitnick
Greetings Michelle! So delighted to be practicing together on this Christmas morning! Wishing you a wonderful holiday and new year in Espana. Love xoA
11-20 of 29

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial