Aligned and Awake: Strong and Open Hips<br>Nathan Briner

Aligned and Awake: Strong and Open Hips
Nathan Briner

Watch this Practice
Jenny S
2 people like this.
This was another juicy practice. Loving the use of the strap to really feel into some hip openers that my mobility is a bit challenged in without the prop. And the ending recovery pose and savasana.....aaaaaaahhhhh.
Nathan Briner
Hey Jenny! Glad you liked the practice. And that savasana after freeing up tension in the hips, so good! Please let me know if you ever have any questions on the poses. I’m happy to help!
Eric K
2 people like this.
This was brilliant. Thank for the clarity, subtle sense of optimism and fire. A great sequence.
Christel B
1 person likes this.
Appreciate your constructive guidance like, " unlock not force" and working into the depth of the poses gradually.
Kathleen S
2 people like this.
Thoughtful and biomechanically correct :)
Christel B
1 person likes this.
I wonder, at what point can you cause your sacrum and hip area to become unstable? No doubt it's different for everyone. Can this happen over time? How do you keep it stable?
Nathan Briner
Christel Yes! Destabilizing the SIJ is a real possibility in yoga. Knees are another trouble point. My primary advice is to be as vigilant as possible to the sensations being experienced in the poses. The sensation of “stretch” is typically the body warning us that we are pushing the tissue tolerance. Many practitioners push way to hard against this sensation attempting to get the “full” pose. I highly recommend working on strength either through weights or specific yoga poses to help build strong joints.
Christel B
3 people like this.
Thank you Nathan for this wise advice. As the years advance I am becoming more and more aware of the importance of "taking care" and paying attention versus pushing too hard.
Nathan Briner
Absolutely Christel. “Taking care” is a great way to put it and this how I see the practice as a whole. Great to be on the journey with you :)
Lisa M
1 person likes this.
So good!
1-10 of 26

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial