Janet L
1 person likes this.
woooooooooow Nathan Briner What a class!!!!!!! thank you.....super class
Nathan Briner
Thank you Janet!!
Ali
Ali
2 people like this.
Loved this. Loved the use of the strap in half-lotus, and then the frog postures. This led to the most beautiful, spacious pigeon ever. Thank you.
Sue D
1 person likes this.
Great workout for tight hips!
Aga
Aga
2 people like this.
Hi Nathan, I appreciated the creative approach to using props where it's hard to get to that full pose, especially in the seated half bound lotus pose. You mentioned that your knee doesn't stand a chance getting fully to the floor and it's liberating to know that it's ok. Wherever I went for my yoga training before it was always somehow suggested that if you practice long enough it will finally be available to you, but I feel my knee breaking every time I attempt these full poses (this, firelog and pigeon and I have been practicing with dedication. Is there a chance to progress or is it strictly dictated by anatomy? Thanks for your comments and a great class!
Aga
Nathan Briner
Hi Aga! I’m so happy you bring up this point. These poses can be very tough on knees. To answer your question, I suggest thinking in terms of structure and function.  The structure of your hip joint is going to ultimately dictate how deeply you can go. That is something you will have to feel and observe in other poses to determine. Function is the learning of how a joint moves and where we may be unknowingly preventing full movement or if our lifestyle has stiffened the joint such that it needs time to unwind through judicious practice. 
But let me leave you with this: be patient and kind to your body. Achieving pigeon pose will not be the thing that brings transformation within you. Rather, it is the careful observation, adjustment and synthesis of what you learn that makes the magic of yoga. 
Hope that helps. 
Aga
Aga
1 person likes this.
Hi Nathan, Thank you for your kindness. 
I like the point you bring up where you say that there is a subtle balance between what your body can afford you (unknown at this point) and what you can work on (function). Let's see where this approach can get me physically and I agree with you that the transformational work is not only in the asana practice or not in all the asana toughness  
Looking forward to see your other classes. So helpful!
Nathan Briner
Aga, I look forward to hearing what you discover!
11-20 of 26

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial