Yin Yoga: Freedom and Ease<br>Alana Mitnick

Yin Yoga: Freedom and Ease
Alana Mitnick

Watch this Practice
Jenny S
2 people like this.
Soooo sweet. Your gentle voice is so soothing. Before I knew it, all the holiday chatter in my head kind of faded away and I found myself in almost a trance-like space. Very wonderful Alana.
Fern S
1 person likes this.
Absolutely delightful!!! Thank you for your sweet presence 💚💚💚🌿🌿🌿🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
Joan J
1 person likes this.
What a perfectly glorious peactice Alana. I needed this today to help the muscles I pulled under my left shoulder blade. The stretches are so warm soothing.
Yin became vital to my well being and contentment. I look forward to more Yin sessions from you🌾🍃
Alana Mitnick
Jenny - Awe, this is the best news... these Yin practices offer a sweet refuge for the mind to quiet and let go (a little bit). Wishing you a wonderful New Year of Yoga and profound peace. xo Alana
Alana Mitnick
Fern !!! Hearing from you warms my heart. I'm so happy and touched to be practicing together. Stay close and enjoy! xo Alana
Alana Mitnick
Hi Joan - So lovely to hear from you... thrilled that these Yin practices offer the warm, soothing medicine that your body and spirit needs at this time. Stay close and keep me posted. Wishing you a bright and glorious New Year! Love, Alana
Andrew S
1 person likes this.
Hi Alana. I'm seeing some improvement. Still a bit restless at times, mostly because I have very little flexibility and everything is still uncomfortable. Working that wall. Anyhow, lots of fun, I feel good and really look forward to these practices
Alana Mitnick
Hi Andrew - Yes... having fun and looking forward to your yoga practice are qualitative measurables of improvement and progress. Nice work! So glad you are here diving in. Enjoy, Alana
Ali
Ali
1 person likes this.
This felt like the perfect practice to anchor me to the earth, as it is wild and stormy outside! There feels like there is so much to explore internally in these postures. I love the time and space. With the first posture, I find that cork bricks dig in and I am constantly wriggling to adjust myself. Does that get easier over time? I find myself missing my old foam blocks (which I gave away!). I could use a bolster instead, but I wonder if this wouldn’t give me the precise placement.
Alana Mitnick
Hi Ali, Great observations and questions... the blocks are not for everyone, I find it's a bit of an acquired taste...and it can take sometime. Foam blocks tend to be softer than the cork blocks, so you might experiment with both and see which set feels best. You could substitute the block under your shoulder blades with a bolster (horizontal to your mat) with a block under your head. Feel free to send me a picture of you in the pose with your block placement and I can have a look and respond. As always, find what feels best for your body and mood. Love, Alana 
1-10 of 25

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial