Welcome to Ashtanga: Refreshing Sun Salutations<br>Dylan Bernstein

Welcome to Ashtanga: Refreshing Sun Salutations
Dylan Bernstein

Watch this Practice
Kira Sloane
1 person likes this.
Erinthis is another simple yoga lesson designed to begin to bear weight on the wrists. 

You might also check out some of the tutorials on this demanding movement: 
In Season 2 of Step by Step, Brenda breaks down Chaturanga and Upward Facing Dog. 

Or just go "Hands-Free" with Sarah in this episode.
Kira Sloane
1 person likes this.
Let us know if any of this helps, Erin, and Dylan will also have some great ideas. Thank you for being here! - kira
Dylan Bernstein
Erin Thanks so much for your inquiry. And huge apologies for the delay in replying. I've been travelling in Africa and we're getting a lot of power outs this month.The replies Kira Sloane has offered are great. 

As you'd said "simply continuing with the practice again and again" isn't always the answer to resolve an ongoing issue. If it isn't working, and there's pain, we'll need to change something. Without having seen you chaturanga, I would caution you to modify this likely culprit. You might take a high plank with straight arms and  broad collarbones, never coming down to chaturanga. The importance of shoulder alignment can't be overstated, please refer to the Broad Collarbone Experience tutorial for more details.....
Dylan Bernstein
Broad Collarbone Tutorial for your reference. 

Another great place to revise position, is within the hands themselves. The fingers should be really spread far apart. I used to suffer from wrist pain until I learnt to spread the hands so much that my thumbs are almost exactly parallel, pointing directly towards one another. This helps to ground the index finger mound, the knuckle where the finger meets the palm. Do make sure this is staying grounded whenever your hands are on the mat. We keep weight away from the wrists, especially the pinky side of the hand. Instead, direct pressure towards the front and index side of the palm. I hope this is helpful. Please do keep me posted and be in touch with any further questions ! Let's get you comfortably on the mat! D
Erin C
1 person likes this.
Awesome! Thank you, Kira Sloane and Dylan Bernstein. I've tried some of your videos, Kira, and I look forward to trying more from the links you both shared. Already feeling better in my practice!
Kira Sloane
Fantastic, Erin! And thank you Dylan Bernstein for being here and reminding us about the collarbone! Stay well and healthy, both of you! xok
Tina Anderson
Thank you Dylan. I've got a renewed sense of SNA SNB now. They are refreshing. Thank you for your teaching. Im doing all your 20mins just to not push and enjoy. 
Dylan Bernstein
Tina Anderson that's music to my ears! I really think 20 minutes a day can make a lifetime of difference. Not pushing the yoga should help you savor the breath and moments throughout your day.... Nowhere to get to except right now! 🙏🏾 
Sandra L
1 person likes this.
Thank you, Dylan. I'm new to YogaAnytime, and grateful to have found this virtual space for practice. Namaste.
Dylan Bernstein
Sandra L So Very glad to welcome you to this practice and I hope that it works incredibly well for you. Please don't hesitate to be in touch! Dylan 
11-20 of 21

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial