Yoga and the Somatic Experience: Week 1: Earth Body<br>Suniti Dernovsek

Yoga and the Somatic Experience: Week 1: Earth Body
Suniti Dernovsek

Watch this Practice
Tina Anderson
Thank you Suniti. I loved slowing down and your wonderful cues. Root down to lift up. Lifting a part of the body at the beginning to feel other parts push down was a neat start.  I really enjoyed your class and look forward to more. 🙏😊
Suniti
Tina Anderson thank you! I’ve been playing lately with only going down to go up. Falling up. 
It’s so sweet and connected. Thank you for your share. 
Rosanna S
What an interesting and different experience for me in asana! I have been experimenting with feeling how we ARE mother nature. Everything is of the earth, and this class is such a great way to experience it. I love the notion of pushing down to fall up. I once felt this when crossing a creek on some rocks. The rocks supported me, held me, and propelled me to safety. To me, that added groundedness, calming, letting go, and relaxation while at the same time, I felt my muscles engaging more, using the strength of my muscle rather than the strength of my mind, which usually manifests as tension. After the class, I felt prompted to meditate for a while, and there's this wonderful calmness, expansiveness, and love left. Thank you for offering your teaching!
Alicia J
1 person likes this.
That was so lovely! Thank you! I feel earths energy so strongly now! 
Suniti
Rosanna  Thank you for sharing!  I love walking and being with river rocks. That sounds like a beautiful experience of connection!
Suniti
Alicia Thank you for practicing with me and for sharing!
Jennifer F
1 person likes this.
Such a wonderful practice of being in my body. Thank you for the lovely class! 
Suniti
Jennifer so great to hear. Thank you for sharing. 
Barbora K
1 person likes this.
beautiful. i feel more love for the body i am in. gotta share this synchronicity. yesterday night I wrote a little note for myself before going to bed - get to know the amazing being inside (myself or in anyone I get to meet) - and when you asked us to journal about the intention of the heart I opened my journal to that little note. LOVE. 
Suniti
1 person likes this.
Barbora what a beautiful share. Thank you. It does seem like the gift in all of us retreating to our homes and into ourselves is that we get to know the amazing being inside.  Thanks! 
31-40 of 90

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial