Align with Freedom: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 9: Balance 3<br>Nathan Briner

Align with Freedom: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 9: Balance 3
Nathan Briner

Watch this Practice
TS
TS
2 people like this.
Hi Nathan. I am loving the challenge so far! I even came down with a cold 2 days ago and have still shown up for each class:) I am a bit confused about the use of a block in the seated postures today and yesterday. I have done all of these poses before seated on the mat and honestly the block does nothing to enhance them for me. I spent the whole time trying either to reach the floor with my hands (I'm short/have short arms) or trying to get a good seat on the block. Can I do them without?
Nathan Briner
TS, the blocks are given so that those with knee, hip or flexibility challenges can more easily access the seated poses. If you’re comfortable without the blocks then fee free to omit them. Great to have you here on the challenge!
Emma K
4 people like this.
I'm really enjoying this challenge; thank you Nathan! I particularly appreciate how clear and encouraging you are in explaining how and from where we should twist, and your explaining the poses as a journey rather than a destination. I was also very encouraged to see that you have a side on which it is harder to balance - I really struggle with balance and, although I know this isn't true, it can be tempting to feel that there is a special twisty class of yoga-person to which I don't belong, when in truth I know that yoga is for everyone, stable and unstable alike! I'm very grateful for this series of practices. 
Nathan Briner
Emma, nice to have you here on the challenge! I’m definitely wobbly in these poses 😆 My left ankle is weak from a number of ankle sprains. It has always been a humbling reality. But, these poses help me stay in touch with that area to keep it as strong as possible. I love using the wall at times to help reduce the wobbles and focus on creating stability. 
Keep up the great work and let me know if you ever need help with an alternative. 
Grainne O
1 person likes this.
Enjoying this challenge so very much!  
Nathan Briner
Grainne great to have you here. Thanks for leaving a comment 😊
Rain T
1 person likes this.
This was the hardest day yet! I am not giving up. thank you so much for the great classes. Rain
Nathan Briner
And you did it! Nice work Rain! Don’t be afraid to stay with a lesson for an extra day or two. Repeating the poses gives the body the opportunity  to adapt and grow into these challenging poses. Hope to hear how the next lessons go for you. And just to let you know, there is a restorative lesson just around the corner that I think you’ll love :) 
Magdalena M
1 person likes this.
Hi Nathan,
Thank you so much for this challenge. 
I am a yoga teacher with a good few years of teaching behind my belt but a couple of months ago I felt totally burnt out and lacking inspiration.
Your programme : the logic, the functionality, the pace etc have given me a new spark. I have been using it as a base for my classes and also as a refresher for my personal practice. 
My body loves it and so do my students.
Super grateful,
Maggie

Nathan Briner
Magdalena! Wow! That’s fantastic to hear that you’ve been reinvigorated :)
I’m also happy to know that you’re sharing the practice with your students. Thank you for leaving and comment and sharing your experience. I hope to hear more from you through the challenge. 
1-10 of 18

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial