Align with Freedom: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 13: Power 1<br>Nathan Briner

Align with Freedom: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 13: Power 1
Nathan Briner

Watch this Practice
Tracy C
HI Nathan, I must say that this series is really informing me about my limits and humbling myself to modifications when needed....As I age , my mind still engages with my old athletic self. Now as I get older I am marveling at my comfort zone and it's like a new training regime... You are a such a knowledgeable and powerful teacher. The old zen saying"Make haste slowly" is really coming into play for me... Thanks ! My "old" self would have ploughed thru this.... My "new" self is learning to trust a bit of caution on the edge....Really fun!! Big Thanks again!!
Nathan Briner
Hi Tracy C! That’s a very powerful realization and one that will keep you healthy and safe in your practice. I’ve felt exactly what you’re talking about and it truly takes a humbleness to hear that inner message, adjust and not force. Thank you for sharing that experience 🙏
Michelle
1 person likes this.
Another new sensation for my body. Does this pose have a name? I am very beginner, but love it all. I think I died half way, but rested in child pose and popped back up to finish. Wonderful way to start my day!
Nathan Briner
Michelle, that is a deeper variation of side angle or parsvakonasana
Jacinthe L
1 person likes this.
Hello Nathan, I am really enjoying this 30 day challenge. Any advice on easing into binding poses? A double rotator cuff injury, which happened a few years ago, makes it very painful. Thank you!
Nathan Briner
Jacinthe L that is a tough one. Sorry to hear about your injury. The binding poses will definitely put strain on the rotator cuff, there’s no way around it. So if you feel compelled to do them I would suggest making sure your shoulders a strong first. Ease into it with progressions toward reverse namaste. But be careful. Your shoulder is more valuable than the pose 💛
Jacinthe L
Thank you. I will continue to be careful and not stress about achieving the pose. I will follow your advice and work towards a reverse namaste to get stronger. 
Nathan Briner
Jacinthe L, if you’re in Instagram, check out @rehabscience. You’ll have to scroll through their posts a bit but look for shoulder instability and rotator cuff. You’ll find some good starting exercises for strength. I would suggest reverse namaste be a midterm goal. Focus first on all “typical” ranges of motion...overhead, internal and external rotation, extension. If those are all normal then start aiming at reverse namaste :) 
Lindsey W
1 person likes this.
Wow!  That was fantastic!  I could really see improvement in my body's strength and movement.  Some very challenging moves but  I am loving it!
Nathan Briner
Lindsey W! Sounds like you’re feeling strong and powerful :) I love to hear it. The power section is full of great challenges that I think you’ll enjoy. Let me know how you’re coming along 🙏
31-40 of 47

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial