Summer Ayurveda Yoga Challenge: Day 2: Slow and Curious
Melina Meza

Watch this Practice
Fabian H
2 people like this.
I enjoyed this practice. 
Michelle F
2 people like this.
Melina-thank you I LOVED this practise with the block on my head ----i felt so calm and centred afterwards! It´s funny because I teach English here in Spain and when my little kids are getting overexcited I often play a version of "Simon says" - do you know this game in the states? Anyway, I get the kids to put their books on their heads and then walk slowly round the room or stand up and sit down,etc. They love it - and within minutes they are calm and focussed, their wee faces are a treat.¨¡! Isn't it strange that it´s ever occurred to me to do t myself when Im stressed - until now!
Have a beautiful day!
loveandpeacexxxx
Kate M
1 person likes this.
Very sweet core strengthening work, Melina!  Many thanks for this challenge : )
Paula E
 I appreciated the mix of movement, meditation and advice.  The block on one's head was a wonderful new approach for me.
Melina Meza
Music to my ears!!! I'm grateful these practices are appreciated and the props are being used to inspire your practice and new insights! 
Linda D
1 person likes this.
What a beautiful practice.  Thank you.  
Ali
Ali
1 person likes this.
I loved the core work on my back. Though my right hip clunks every time I do the wide circles which is a bit disconcerting! It’s not painful, but it is not relaxing! Should I avoid it? (I realise as I am typing that may be impossible for you to answer and is probably for me to judge!) I liked the playfulness of the movements here and the block-on-head scenario added a new awareness in my feet.
Melina Meza
1 person likes this.
Hi Ali ~ Thanks for watching the show and trying out all these new moves! As far as your hip and the clunky movements...I have a few GENERAL things to recommend, please try these and see if they make a difference: 1) make the circles much smaller 2) keep your lower abdominal muscles turned ON as your first priority, then circle the leg and see if that extra support keeps things in place. 3) do all of the above. I'll look forward to hearing how it goes!

Ali
Ali
1 person likes this.
Thank you Melina. I will try those things when I come back to this practice.
Leslie M
1 person likes this.
This was amazing...might be one of my favourite practices ever. My body, especially my shoulders, feels so open. Thank you so much! I will be coming back to this many times.
1-10 of 14

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial