Sacred Kundalini: Balancing Masculine & Feminine<br>Kara Looney

Sacred Kundalini: Balancing Masculine & Feminine
Kara Looney

Watch this Practice
Diane C
3 people like this.
Kara, that was a divine class. I really felt the resonance of the Ma chant. Ending the class with the visualization and crystal bowl sound healing enhanced my state of balance and relaxation. I did not want the class to end! Thank you! Sat nam. 
Kara L
1 person likes this.
Hi Diane! This is wonderful news- thanks for sharing your experience. The take aways of this practice are often beyond the level of the mind, it’s at the level of our being. I’m glad you’re giving it a try with an open mind and experiencing the powerful benefits  🙏. Keep it up! I look forward to hearing your experiences with future classes. 
AnaSofia
2 people like this.
Love it! As Diane C said I did’t want the class end. Hope this show also not! Thanks a lot!
Kara L
1 person likes this.
AnaSofia!  Thanks so much for your wonderful note! I'm so glad this work is resonating with you.  I also hope to keep the show going.  Your value of it and participation helps to make that possible .  Thanks again and see you next class.
Ali
Ali
1 person likes this.
Hi Kara, I am struggling to keep up with the pace of the movements, and especially the quick breaths. I find myself feeling quite stressed. Do you have any advice?
Kara L
3 people like this.
Hi Ali, thanks for asking! This is a great question as it’s an experience that most everyone has when beginning a yoga practice, like kundalini  that employs repetition and a good deal of pranayama (breathwork). Pranayama helps re-educate us on how to breathe properly and more completely. For many, myself included, it took some practice to increase lung capacity and gain more “intelligence” in the diaphragm. My recommendation would be to slow both the breath and movements down to a pace that you find more sustainable and as you master it at a slower pace and gain confidence and awareness, it will become more efficient. This practice is, at a foundational level about self care, sustainability and self evolution. I often offer modifications in movement and breath, see if applying those helps as well. Keep me posted!
Carmen S.
2 people like this.
Excelente practica para equilibrar tambien nuestro hemisferio derecho y el izquierdo asi como sincronizar la respiracion con el movimiento. Muchas gracias
Kara L
1 person likes this.
¡Carmen, de nada! Estoy tan feliz de que hayas disfrutado de la clase, ¡espero que te unas a mí de nuevo!
Ali
Ali
1 person likes this.
Thanks Kara, I will keep practising. I think I have become used to using the breath to centre and calm myself, but this is about using the breath to energise and activate?
Elizabeth M
Hi, Ali! Yes, you are not alone! I have been practicing Kundalini for around 10 years (not nearly as long as Kara, and I of course am just an amateur not a Kundalini teacher!), but I can tell you for me, even though I have gotten to LOVE the repetition and coordination of movement and breath that is unique to Kundalini, I still find that every day and every is different.  Some days I want to move and breathe more slowly with the repetitions, and other days I want to go faster. And sometimes I feel the change happen throughout one session! I will speed up and slow down as I feel it is needed.  So, as Kara says, feel free with it, and do what feels right for your body, especially in the beginning when it feels like you are re-patterning your body and breath. I ❤️the mantra, "Be careful, but be brave" 🤗 I hope this helps! Sat nam! ✨ 
1-10 of 26

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial