20 Minute Yoga Flows: Energizing Morning<br>Sarah Beston

20 Minute Yoga Flows: Energizing Morning
Sarah Beston

Watch this Practice
Lina S
1 person likes this.
I did it in the evening even though the title mentions morning. It was perfect to let energy flow.
Sarah Beston
I am so happy to hear that this was a good evening practice as well, Lina S! Thanks for sharing and wishing you a beautiful week.
Rachel S
1 person likes this.
Thank you! I almost didn't practice today because of perceived time constraints, but I am so glad I did! 20 minutes was great! Thank you!
David G-
1 person likes this.
Hey Sarah: bought a second yoga mat for work. These 20 minute practices are perfect grading break. I snuck in another one too. 
Kate M
1 person likes this.
Loved this sweet little practice, Sarah Beston  : ) 
[I have a little technical question: why, when lifting into bridge, the cue to emphasize the engagement of the hamstrings and de-emphasize the gluteal engagement? I've heard this cue before, but don't understand the rationale.]
Thank you for these wonderful little practice sessions : )
Sarah Beston
Hi Kate M! Thank you for your question. When it comes to cues, I always try and bring it into my own body and feel what the cue may be stating. For bridge pose, when I engage my glutes I feel tension and pinching in my lower back. When I am able to release the glutes and focus on lifting through my hamstrings, I feel a wider range of motion and often can lift a little higher and find a greater opening through my chest. Have you tried experimenting with the two and seeing how it feels/ where you feel the difference in your body? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Kate M
1 person likes this.
Ahhh thank you for the detailed explanation, Sarah! I will experiment with this!
: )
Sarah Beston
1 person likes this.
Looking forward to hearing about it, Kate M. Have a wonderful weekend!
Laura M
1 person likes this.
Such a great class! Thank you!
Sarah Beston
You're so welcome, Laura M! Thank you for practicing with me!
11-20 of 20

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial