Asana Studies: Aligned and Fluid<br>Chris Hoskins

Asana Studies: Aligned and Fluid
Chris Hoskins

Watch this Practice
Peter M
1 person likes this.
I try to sell yoga but people don't get it !

The benefits have you reached the self realization level I imagine you have?

Also been to California is that were you film also is that a oil rig in the background well I keep telling people my sister was impressed with your site and seeing me do a class .

We use yoga at work I work for Brighton football club now every one is doing it what you think of Novak the tennis player I hear how does yoga what a athlete keep up the good work.
Siri Narayan K
Feet are over contracted relax toes down.root through bones of feet and schin bones and stop over using the muscles .make use of the Bhanda .
Lianne M
1 person likes this.
HI Thanks that was a great practice, bit painful but the repetition seemed to really get the alignment and legs and feet working well in the standing poses. cool.
Lianne
Chris Hoskins
Hi Peter, I apologize for my slow response; I was away from the site for a while.

I hope that you’re still doing your practice! It’s great that you are enthusiastic about sharing Yoga with people, but a lot of times they’re resistant. If they’re folks in your life that you care about, perhaps the best way to share it with them is by example. Maybe when they see how it does you so well, they’ll give it a go.
Chris Hoskins
Peter (cont.) It’s cool that you work for the Brighton Football Club, and it’s fantastic that you use Yoga at work. The team is doing very well! I’m curious about who does it. It’s generally great for everybody and offers benefits to anyone who practices it. Hopefully the players and as many as possible of the support and administrative staff are doing it. I love teaching athletes! I have taught many over the years from a wide range of sports including soccer.

I wasn’t familiar with the tennis player Novak until you mentioned him, but I looked him up. He’s quite a champion! His comments on the effect Yoga has on his breathing, mental strength and performance are spot on. It has probably helped with his flexibility too – there’s some great footage of how flexibly dexterous he is in his play.
Chris Hoskins
Peter (cont.) A few of the benefits I experience and have realized from Yoga practice are feeling resilient, grounded and present. I’ve been practicing for many years and through all stages of life from my teenage years until now, and I’d generally say that my practice has benefitted me most in difficult and challenging emotional and physical times, as well as during crisis of my spirit.

Yes, we film in California. Next time you’re here hit me up! I think that was a big ship off the coast in the background, but I’m not sure.
Chris Hoskins
Hi Siri Narayan, I apologize for my slow response; I was away from the site for a while.

Perhaps you misinterpret the muscular action that - with this approach - is necessary to fully shape and articulate the feet as them being over contracted. The reason my toes are lifted is to fan the bones in the feet from which they originate, while simultaneously and actively conveying my body's weight through the bones of my feet into the floor (specifically via the 4 points of each foot).

I am indeed rooting through the bones of the feet, as well as through the leg and thigh bones; in fact quite actively so.
Chris Hoskins
Siri Narayan (cont.) In this approach the full articulate shaping of the feet - via lifting and spreading the toes - is an essential element in making use of their intelligence to shape the legs and the pelvis. It is also to create a dynamic thread of connectivity from the ground up through the body.

The bones are carrying the weight, as is their design. In this dynamic approach the muscles caress - not assault - the bones and the weight that they carry.

The dynamic thread of connectivity moving from the ground up through the body manifests in various ways, one of which is enlivening the Bandas. However the teaching emphasis and discussion of this is another class.
Chris Hoskins
Hi Lianne, Thank you! I hope that you’re using “painful” loosely. Take care as you go and gradually build your endurance…it’s a very physical approach; but sounds like you’re listening closely to your body I’m glad that it’s cool for you!
Peter M
1 person likes this.
Hi Chris I have left Brighton football club they do
Pilates as well they are top of the league second tier one
Level of premiership yoga is being used in tennis a lot due to
Novak phenomenal Atheletism it's used a lot since Ryan giggs
Played till he was 41 and got lots of injuries it definitely prolonged his career .You should contact the sports science department they have invested a of money £300 million pounds in the last six years if your interested in promoting yoga I would like to visit California again maybe one day I can do one of your classes and your 58 definitely see the benefits just by looking at you practice just done the class is a tough one cheers .

11-20 of 22

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial