Start Yoga: Practice 6: Slow & Steady<br>Alana Mitnick

Start Yoga: Practice 6: Slow & Steady
Alana Mitnick

Watch this Practice
Alana Mitnick
HI Andrew - So delighted that you are here and completed the six-week Course! Yes, consistency is key and really helps us track our progress. Stay with it! You might check out the following Shows next:
Too Tight To Stretch
Welcome to Yoga
Flow Sweet Flow
30 Day Yoga Challenge
Good Morning Yoga
Andrew, please let me know if you have any questions along the way. Wishing you a wonderful new year of Yoga! Namaste, Alana
Andrew S
1 person likes this.
Too tight to stretch looks good. I find my neck and shoulders are a problem area. Lying on the floor arms at my side with nothing under my head isn't comfortable for my neck. If I have my arms stretched over my head they remain about four inches above the floor. Not much flexibility there.
Alana Mitnick
Hi Andrew - Yes, Too Tight to Stretch is a great place to continue! I recommend putting a folded blanket, towel, or pillow under your head to support your neck. You might also try a stack of folded blankets or towels over your head for your arms to rest on while extended... and sometimes arms overhead and bend (with the back of your hands resting on forehead) or hands to elbows can a nice modification for tight shoulders. Please keep me posted along the way with any questions. Enjoy your practice! Warm regards, Alana
Andrew S
1 person likes this.
Thanks. Those are all great tips for the shoulders. I'm also starting Shelley Williams 30 day awaken to you challenge tomorrow. It feels a bit like I'm moving on too fast but I haven't ever made 30 days straight yet. We'll see how it goes.
Alana Mitnick
Sounds great, Andrew. Keep us posted on your yoga journey! It can be helpful to know that you're not totally alone on your mat... one breath at a time. Here we go! Alana
Matthew
1 person likes this.
great class - just what i needed this evening. many thanks.
Alana Mitnick
Hi Matthew - So great to be practicing together. Glad to hear that the practice was just what you needed. Enjoy, Alana
Karen
1 person likes this.
So much loved this course and our time together. I have learned so much and really appreciate your gently way of teaching. Namaste
Karen
1 person likes this.
So much loved this course and our time together. I have learned so much and really appreciate your gently way of teaching. Namaste
Alana Mitnick
Hi Karen! I apologize for my delay in responding... it's been quite a week caring for my family. Nothing makes me happier than to read your message! Truly. I am so happy that you love this course and our time together. I hope it's just the beginning of a life long relationship with Yoga! Please stay close and keep me posted. Love, Alana 
11-20 of 27

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial