Yin Yoga: Meet Yourself with Ease<br>Kira Sloane

Yin Yoga: Meet Yourself with Ease
Kira Sloane

Watch this Practice
Sandra Židan
Great practice, Kira! I've really enjoyed it! 
Kira Sloane
1 person likes this.
Sandra, thank you so much for connecting! LOVE! xoK
Jennifer D
I absolutely loved this practice. It was exactly what I needed to ease myself into the day. I do find passive backbending incredibly difficult. I can get my buttocks to release if my thighs tighten up, or I can get my thighs to relax if my buttocks tightens, but I haven't yet figured out how to relax both at once. Any tips?
Roslyn G
A really nice practice.
Amanda
1 person likes this.
I was so stressed today. By the end of this I was nearly asleep. You're amazing xx so much love x
Kira Sloane
Amanda P, so happy to hear that the practice worked! xoxok
Sara S
1 person likes this.
Your practice allows my body and mind to move to security
Kira Sloane
Sara S, relieved to hear this. This is what the practice has done for me too. xok
David G-
1 person likes this.
Kira, thanks for a great post-cycling stretch!

My hips and quads now feel rejuvenated. I lead group rides here in the Montclair area of New Jersey, and Yin Yoga is so complementary.   

The slight back bend, for instance, is so effective for cycling posture too.   Looking forward to longer holds. 

Was really attuned to your discussion of imagining prana outside of the lungs. Has there ever been scientific studies about localizing prana? For example, I do feel that putting my mind in my hips or sacral area does work to alleviate discomfort. Is it just a placebo effect? 

Thanks for the great instruction and also sharing your own enjoyment of the poses. Hope you are having a great weekend. It was relaxing imaging the rain in the background. When it's raining, we can go deeper inside, I find. 

Best, 
David  
Kira Sloane
David Goldstein, so happy to hear that the yin practice is working! Dr. Motoyama put a lot of energy into proving the existence of qi (another word for prana) in the connective tissue. He is Japanese with an institute in Encinitas. I have heard of other efforts but do not have links for you.

So happy to hear you have accessed to the power of your attention inward to alleviate discomfort! Keep going!

Warmly,
Kira

81-90 of 95

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial