Align with Freedom: 30-Day Yoga Challenge with Nathan Briner

Align with Freedom: 30-Day Yoga Challenge with Nathan Briner

Go To This Show Season

Nesamalar P
1 person likes this.
I am at present doing your 30 day challenge Day 12. Some days I am good and some days my body is too stiff . Nevertheless  I have notice a lot of improvement physically, mentally and emotionally. I like your classes and wonder if you have step by step Hatha yoga classes where each poses is taught from beginning upwards etc.
Carmela T
1 person likes this.
Hi Nathan. I am on day 4. I find it challenging but so rewarding at the same time. I can’t always get in the poses as perfectly as you but I am trying and sticking with it. I have been doing yoga only since January but really notice my balance and strength are much better. I am 61 YO and want to age well. Thank you very much. 
Nathan Briner
Carmela, great to have you here. I love hearing that you are open to experiencing both the struggles and the triumphs that come with a new practice. I ask that you allow yourself to do the poses only as you can, and don’t worry so much about what you see me do. Listen to the cues and instruction and let these ideas open your your body. Everyone’s pose will ultimately be unique. The key is the feeling and presence that you evoke through the practice. 
I can’t wait to hear more from you as you continue! If you haven’t yet, you can go to my YouTube channel for lots of in depth tutorials. 
Nathan Briner
Carmela T
1 person likes this.
Thanks. Much appreciated. 
Christine D
After Day 7, I'm feeling strong and loving the challenge, but I have recently ignited old right leg sit-bone injury from forcing the splits when I was a teenager, that I can no longer ignore.  It's painful to fold forward and bending the leg doesn't always help.  Combined with a tight RH lower back and RH hip arthritis,  I could use some advice on how to continue.
Nathan Briner
Christine, I am sorry to hear that the old injury is surfacing again. It’s always tough to offer the best advice without knowing your situation better and how you react to certain poses. Two options come to mind. You could pause for a while on the challenge and focus on building strength in the hamstring and I recommend learning about the posterior femoral cutaneous nerve (possibly the source of your trouble) or, you could continue the challenge with a commitment to not going deeply into any hamstring stretches and instead using muscular resistance in the posterior muscle chain of the body in any forward bends, especially at the hamstring and hip. Let me know if you have any more questions. 
Christine D
1 person likes this.
Thank you, Nathan.  It makes sense to do some strengthening and I will investigate further.  I'm going to try to keep going  on, with your advice in mind.
Evin G
1 person likes this.
I started this challenge six months after my second baby, when I realized in horror that I couldn't even do the poses I did during the pregnancy. Day after day, this challenge gave me hope, courage, and more importantly calmness and acceptance.
Now, after (more than) 30 days, I feel like I found my previous strength and flexibility. 
Thank you!
Nathan Briner
Hi Evin G! What an awesome story to hear! I’m so happy that you found a practice that helped reignite your inner energy and rediscover your strength and flexibility.  Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the 30 day challenge. 
I’m going to be doing a live class next Friday with Kira on Yoga Anytime in the morning if your free to join us. 
11-20 of 26

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial