The Vinyasa Show: Essential Flow<br>Rosemary Garrison

The Vinyasa Show: Essential Flow
Rosemary Garrison

Watch this Practice
Rosemary Garrison
Thanks, Kate ! Always makes me smile to see your name and happy feet pop up. ; ) Enjoy.
Kelly B
1 person likes this.
Probably my favorite practice of them all, and one that is sustaining me through this very challenging time. Thank you so much.
Rosemary Garrison
Thank you, Kelly . This practice is my backbone, throughline... essence. Hence the name. ; ) I'm so glad it speaks to you. I hope you and yours are safe and well. 
Ali
Ali
2 people like this.
I love that I can still find whole series on Yoga Anytime that I somehow missed before! Thank you Rosemary, I always love practising with you. It was so nice to have shoulderstand in this class. I would love to hear your thoughts on this. I really love to practice shoulderstand without any props but I know this is often discouraged. Without props I feel light and clear and open, and properly balanced. With blankets I feel wobbly and scrunchy and just...floofy. (I’m making up a word, but hopefully you can get my meaning)! I have practised for 20 years and learnt shoulderstand without props. My practice was then sporadic for about 15 years, and when I properly came back to daily practice, props seemed like the only way to practice, at least in classes. I realise it might be difficult for you to ‘advise’ but I would just welcome your thoughts.
Rosemary Garrison
Thank you, Ali ! So glad you found this series. This practice is one of my all time faves! Your question regarding shoulder stand is an important one. I think you and I experience it much the same way. I learned it without props (Ashtanga style) and feel better in it without blankets. However, some teachers I highly respect basically forbid it without props. I have been doing the pose consistently for over 20 years without props and have no ill-affect, but I do advise students to work with blankets and see how it feels in their bodies. Ultimately, I think we choose based on how we feel... yes? Be well. 
Ali
Ali
2 people like this.
Thank you so much for your considered response. I love that the culture of yoga has changed. I really appreciate that we are invited to listen to our own intuition for what our individual bodies feel for at this particular time. I have found a whole world has opened up internally that I was unaware of when there was more teacher instructional language. I really appreciate the invitational cues I hear here.
Ioana S
1 person likes this.
Beautiful energy all rounded sequence. Thank you from UK 🙏🏻
Rosemary Garrison
Thanks, Ioana ! And hello to the UK. Such a joy to have you with us. 
Rachel S
1 person likes this.
Great class! Thank you!
41-50 of 65

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial