Too Tight to Stretch: Strong and Open Back Body<br>Alana Mitnick

Too Tight to Stretch: Strong and Open Back Body
Alana Mitnick

Watch this Practice
Simon ?
Remembering that the gentle practise is often more powerful than the faster routines. I’m finding more time and opportunity to explore and travel deeper into the sensations. Bless you Alana.
Alana Mitnick
Wonderful, Simon. I remember Erich Schiffmann once said, "The fastest way to move deep is s l o w l y." So true.
Amy D
Hi Alana,

I'm relatively new to yoga and have already benefitted immensely from some of your videos, so thank you.

I'd like to try this practice sometime next week, but wonder: what could one use as a substitute for the bolster mentioned in the list of props? Or should I just take the plunge and get one? What are the benefits / functions of the bolster?
Alana Mitnick
Hi Amy, Great question. Props are designed to hold and support the body. A good substitute for a bolster would be 1-2 folded blankets or a firm pillow. If you plan to practice regularly, a bolster is a wonderful tool to have nearby. It can be especially nice to support the back and open the front body. I would experiment and see what feels best for you. Let me know if you have any questions along the way! ~ Alana
Amy D
Brilliant! Thanks a bundle, Alana.

Your response is really helpful & far more accessible than other suggestions I found online. Pillows and blankets it is for now though, until the search for a bolster in South Africa turns up something worthwhile (I'm sure local yogis will be able to point me in the right direction :)).

Thanks again!
~a
Jean P
thank you,thank you ,thank you.......this was wonderful!
Alana Mitnick
Hi Jean, So glad you are here and enjoyed the practice! This is one of my favorite go-to sequences to stretch, strengthen and release tension. Stay with it and please connect in along the way. Warmly, Alana
Roslyn G
1 person likes this.
Thank you for the wondeful class.
Alana Mitnick
Roslyn, Thank YOU for making the time for yourself to practice! I always feel better afterwards. Wishing you a wonderful and easeful weekend. Love, Alana 
Sandra Židan
Nice and calming practice! Thanks, Alana! Regards!
1-10 of 12

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial