Too Tight to Stretch: Relieve Anxiety<br>Emily K. Benaron

Too Tight to Stretch: Relieve Anxiety
Emily K. Benaron

Watch this Practice
Darya Wenzel
1 person likes this.
So relaxing, wow! The time clock disappeared, 30 minutes felt like a moment of joy and peace with my body. Thank you Emily! Om Om
Emily K. Benaron
I am so pleased that you found this practice relaxing, Darya! Thank you so much for your kind words. Namaste, Emily
Catherine R
Thank you! I feel ready to face what I kmow is going to be a busy day!
Emily K. Benaron
That is wonderful, Catherine! I hope you feel grounded and calm! Have a beautiful day!
John Jackson
1 person likes this.
I think I could do this every day of my life! So calming. Thank you!
Emily K. Benaron
I am so glad you found this practice helpful, John Jackson Thank you, Emily
Jacqueline T
First time doing this, and I really appreciate your slow, careful directions ;) I didn't have a block handy, so I used a small cushion. That felt good for my lower back which is often sore Is it necessary to have support that is very firm, or a certain height to lift the hips up?

Emily K. Benaron
Jacqueline I am so happy you found this practice helpful. I think that using the cushion is a great substitute for the block as long as it feels good and it sounds like it did. The intention for this particular bridge is to have your hips higher than your heart and head to help down regulate the nervous system, but other benefits include decompression of the lumbar spine and stretching the psoas. I think the height with a cushion should work well and you can always add a hard cover book if you need more height!
Fabian H
enjoyed this practice this morning  :))
Emily K. Benaron
Fabian H I am so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for letting me know! 
1-10 of 13

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial