Yoga for Athletes: Standing Flow for Athletes<br>Lydia Zamorano

Yoga for Athletes: Standing Flow for Athletes
Lydia Zamorano

Watch this Practice
Andrew S
Hi Lydia. I really liked this season. Standing Flow for Athletes is my favourite. It's sort of my default if I don't feel like doing anything. Once I'm into it,the motivation returns. Any hints on what's in store for us 2017? I've only been at this a couple of months and I'm convinced that Yoga will play a key role in my climbing improvement and reduced climbing injury. Have a Happy Holiday
Andrew
Lydia Zamorano
Hi Andrew. So great to hear about your practice and what you are finding useful. The balancing aspects that yoga offer have really supported my climbing too! I hope to run another season, and I'll keep you posted. In the mean time, there are lots of standing practices on this site that are similar to this one. Try Alana Mitnick and Brenda Lear's standing flows. You might also really like my Steady Standing Practice on the Grounded Joy show I offer here on this site. Let me know how it goes! Happy New Year. Lydia
Lori
This whole practice felt like one big, long "aaaahhhh....". The wide armed shoulder twist in pigeon, especially with the repetitions, is just wonderful. Thanks so much.
Lydia Zamorano
Hi Lori!
Thanks for letting me know! I love that feeling... ahhhhhhh.
Sending a big warm hug from Canada. Lydia
Catherine C
Thank you so much for sharing. The sequences were playful with lots of great cueing to help focus on support and alignment. Fabulous sequencing. XXOO
Lydia Zamorano
Catherine.
Thanks for sharing. I just love you so much. xo Lydia
Joan J
Hi Lydia, my first try at this practice. I love the standing sequences and the stretches. The back bending was too much for my lower back, so I did some of your oscillating poses and an easy sphyinx instead. Your guidance into the postures always helps me to release where I habitually tense. Grateful for your teachings
Lydia Zamorano
Hi Joan So happy you liked the movement here! Sphinx is a great back bending alternative and so are small belly back bends (salabhasana) done in gentle repetition. Grateful for our friendship with the yoga! So much love. Lydia Zamorano
Heidi H
2 people like this.
I love the focus on anatomy, I feel more comfortable and my body feels safer in poses that I have done many times before with the extra attention to this. Really enjoyed this practice.
David G-
1 person likes this.
While you said this was good for an active recovery day, I used it after a 60 mile group-ride and also to recover from yesterday's epic Ashtanga practice. Smooth and mindful transitions are really fun to do! Loved the tip about smiling with the back bends with hand on base of skull. As a cyclist, and with big quad muscles, I laughed when you said "I heard we store anger in our quads".  Makes sense experientially for me.  Thanks for your thoughtful responses to my comments. I love to write, and glad I have a reader. Both hands together here too.  
1-10 of 13

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial