The Self Care Challenge: Day 2: Be in Truth<br>Kelly Sunrose

The Self Care Challenge: Day 2: Be in Truth
Kelly Sunrose

Watch this Practice
Astrid U
2 people like this.
Hmmm....I'm very curious.... I will be paying attention through out my day to what lies I'm telling myself......
Kelly Sunrose
Can't wait to hear how this goes, Astrid. Some of the lies I tend to repeat are about not having enough space and time for what I want or need to do AND about confusing external pressure with internal expectations of myself. We are well-acquainted! All love to you!
Kay B
2 people like this.
I'm really enjoying this self care challenge. The journaling exercises are especially helpful for me. It is a good opportunity for me to become self-reflective.
Kelly Sunrose
SO happy to read this, Kay. Welcome! Happy you are here with us.
Louise M
2 people like this.
I felt uncomfortable with this idea from word one but it's something I've been wondering about for a very long time. I feel it has a huge bearing on everything in life from relationships, work, pleasure, physical issues, appetite and on and on. Thank you Kelly for including it.
Kelly Sunrose
I FEEEEEEEL you, Louise. Thank you for going there! When I'm doing these deep dives, it is such a source of comfort-strength-resilience that we are ALL in it together. LOVE.
Laurie W
2 people like this.
Kelly, Kelly, Kelly - I love your gentle, humorous and open wisdom. It's welcoming, refreshing and inspiring. The practice of Satya is one that comes up time and again for me. I told my 6:00 a.m. class today that I clung to the belief that I am not a morning person for half of my life. When I finally teased apart that untruth/lie; I realized that I could start living another way. Maybe staying up until 1:00 a.m. was creating my lie.? I still didn't want to believe it until I spent time experimenting with bedtimes and found that - imagine this - I felt better at 6:00 a.m. when I went to bed at 9:30! I'm now on my 6th year of teaching a Monday morning 6:00 a.m. class and it's one of my favorite rituals. I'm working on some other big lies I tell myself for this challenge. Thank you for putting yourself out there, for being real. I am feeling the power of this challenge and passing it on. Yay yoga!
Kelly Sunrose
Laurie!! I FEEEEEL that. One of my big lies was telling myself that I was an extrovert FOR YEARS. I assumed that since I love people and am not really shy, I must be an extrovert. Well, both of those things are still true, but I am honoring now that I require much alone (& ultra-quiet) time to recharge. Now, I find that I can really BE with people and love the time together so much more if I have a 7pm "curfew" most days. TRUTH. Love love!
Silke S
1 person likes this.
Thanks, and I think I need the next days to watch myself, to identify my little and big lies and truths. This might be a challenge, and to be in this spot ... in this feeling of "a the big truth" sounds so simple and is on the other side so hard. I love this challenge.
Kelly Sunrose
Silke, you have touched on SUCH a big insight here: what sounds simple is often some of the most potent & profound work we can do.... such good work! Thank you for sharing!! xo!
1-10 of 19

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial