Good Morning Yoga: Flowing with Ease<br>Alana Mitnick

Good Morning Yoga: Flowing with Ease
Alana Mitnick

Watch this Practice
Simon ?
Loving practising with you so much. It’s making a wonderful difference to my day. Bless you Alana.
Alana Mitnick
Hi Simon, Thank you for being here! So delighted to know that you're enjoying the practices. Glad to be in this together. Keep me posted. :)
Johanna L
Thank you Alana, I did this with my daughter. It was beautiful
Alana Mitnick
Beautiful, Johanna. This warms my heart. Thank you for sharing. xo
Jennifer L
This is my first class at YogaAnytime after months of being away from yoga. Wonderful. I'm calm, spacious and relaxed. Thank you!
Alana Mitnick
Hi Jennifer, Welcome back to yoga! So happy you're here and feeling more calm, spacious, and relaxed. :) xo Alana
Sophie B
Hi Alana! Thanks so much for your videos, this was an especially wonderful flow. I have been wondering, though--what do you mean by "widening at the base of the skull?"
Alana Mitnick
Hi Sophie! This is such a great question. I know, I say this a lot, and you're not the first to write and ask! You might try these cues to help find the "widening at the base of the skull" action:

1. Reach your head far forward, like a turtle.
2. Then find the opposite action - draw your head back and the chin down slightly.
3. Relax your face, jaw, neck and shoulders.
4. Imagine you're a kitten being gently lifted by the nape of your neck by mama cat.
5. This is a subtle form of Jalandhara Bandha, the chin lock.
6. From here, you might visualize or image the back of your neck (and specifically, the base of the skull- where the 1st cervical vertebrae meets your occiput).
Let me know how it goes. Thanks again for asking. ~ Alana
Angie B
You are my teacher! Left USA last year now in UK
Alana Mitnick
Hi Angie! I am so delighted to be practicing together on Yoga Anytime! Please keep me posted on your yoga journey as questions, thoughts, feelings, or sensations arise. Stay with it! ~ Alana
11-20 of 42

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial