Good Morning Yoga: Freedom in the Front Body<br>Alana Mitnick

Good Morning Yoga: Freedom in the Front Body
Alana Mitnick

Watch this Practice
Alana Mitnick
Hi Michelle M! So happy that this practice was just what your body needed this morning. Thank goodness for Yoga! I know the feeling... as a teacher, it is so nice to let go and be guided. Feel free to share the code: ALANA with your sister in law for a free 30 day membership.  Namaste and love, Alana 
Fabian H
1 person likes this.
thanks for such a sweet practice.  love to thread the needle!  :))
Alana Mitnick
Thank you, Fabian H, for joining me in Yoga! So glad you enjoyed this sweet practice and thread the needle (such a nice shoulder and spine release). Warmly, Alana 
Sara S
Tried again , still too slow for this yoga session. Back to level 1 . I'll be back to see if I've  improved
Alana Mitnick
Hi Sara S, Way to listen, honor, and trust your body and inner rhythms. Let me know if I can help you find practices that feel just right. Consistency is everything. Stay close. Love, Alana 
Kerry N-W
1 person likes this.
Thank you, Alana, your teaching is so intuitive--I find myself with a question or wondering about a subtle movement, and then you address it! 
One question: In Downward dog, I find myself always trying to find the "right" distance between hands and feet. I don't know if I should be a tight V or loose V and no matter how much I look at your transition into the pose and your shape, I can't figure out mine. Is it just something to feel? Whatever distance hands and feet are from each other depends on the moment?
Thanks for everything you do here.
Kerry
Alana Mitnick
Hi Kerry N-W, I really appreciate your question and presence here. Your observations are so sincere and right on. When it comes to alignment, there are so many ideas as to what is the "correct" alignment in down dog. My suggestion is to find what feels right for you in the moment... and know that you have options and choices. In general, hands are shoulder-width a part and feet are hips-width a part. I suggest playing with a tight V, lower into Childs pose, and then a loose V (or longer stance). Then find the in-between. I like to bend my knees, lift the sitting bones, and then let the heels get heavy... for me and my hamstrings, a longer stance offers more length in the spine and stretch in the back of the legs. During Plank transitions, the down dog shape (length and stance) shifts. It's a fluid process. Keep me posted on what you discover feels best for you. XoA 
Glenford N
2 people like this.
A beautiful description of downward dog. Thanks Alana.
Alana Mitnick
Thank you, Glenford N. So nice to see and feel your presence. Namaste, Alana 
Glenford N
2 people like this.
Hi Alana. Loved this gentle practice. My partner's nephew Sebastian (10) joined in and kept me company on the mat. Namaste.
101-110 of 128

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial