Grounded Joy: Grounded Flight<br>Lydia Zamorano

Grounded Joy: Grounded Flight
Lydia Zamorano

Watch this Practice
Sian P
1 person likes this.
Thank you for your teaching, some great tips for handstand, I'm ready to leave the wall!
Karen R
1 person likes this.
I get it. I am so sad I am only beginning now, at 45. After years of holding so much stress and pain in my body, yoga would have been my healing. Just words like "evenness throughout your body," "not trying too hard," "without compression," "hollow core," I totally feel it. "Move from the organs." Wow. I am amazed. :) Thank you so much. So grateful.
Lydia Zamorano
Dearest Karen. Thank you for your generous listening and appreciation. Hearing those words back through someone else makes them even weightier. Much love to you.
Lydia Zamorano
Sian, so happy you are ready to take the training wheels off. Happy flying. xo
Laurisa L
1 person likes this.
Sweet tips for handstanding Lydia, I felt so steady and grounded, so happy to practice with you again:)
Lydia Zamorano
Love love love that your'e here with me Laurisa! Thank you! Big kiss and hug.
Frederic M
1 person likes this.
Thanks Lydia. Totally makes sense!
Lydia Zamorano
Frederic, that makes me happy that something resonated with you.
Alayne T
Thanks for the great teachings. I'm glad that you helped to bring my awareness to the "avalanching" that I do into my hip, groin, quad during those one legged balancing poses. I can't seem to evenly distribute the effort quite yet. I also get a lot of hip tension and walk around with my hips feeling jammed. Working on this could help me out a lot. Any additional advice on that? Thanks so much!!
Lydia Zamorano
Hi Alayne. Thanks for sending a message and for listening in to those subtle cues. Something that could support you is thinking of taking the top of your thighbones slightly back away from your hip flexor area. Counter this feeling with bringing both your tailbone and pubic bone down to the ground and towards each other (like they want to shoot down away from your heart and meet each other.) Think about applying less than 70 % effort when working with alignment cues. Also in your savasana you could work with having your knees up and feet planted or your calves on a couch with your knees up. This will help your hips to soften and get a signal to let go. Stay in touch. Big hugs. Lydia
1-10 of 14

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial