Yin Yoga: Sciatica Relief<br>Kate Smith

Yin Yoga: Sciatica Relief
Kate Smith

Watch this Practice
Kate Smith
So glad to hear this worked for you, Eric ! Feedback like this is always so helpful. And I hear you loud and clear on the electricity of sciatica....grateful this practice was able to smooth some edges for you. Much LOVE coming your way - Kate
Goddess
2 people like this.
realy helped with my sciatica pain ,tx
Sharmila V
2 people like this.
This was a powerful practice -- thank you for sharing it. I've suffered with restless leg and sciatica for a long time, and something you said in the video really resonated with me -- it was when you said not to fear the spasming, and the discomfort, but to allow it to happen and that the body intuitively knows how to calm the spasming. Taht was a really life changing moment for me. I sat with the discomfort for as long as I could bear it -- made myself just sit with it, which was so hard! I think Yin is the hardest part of yoga that I have encountered so far. When you feel chronic discomfort in your body, it is really hard to be still, and I think that the journey of learning how to hold one's own discomfort in stillness is an art. I am inspired to try (it will be very hard!) to do more. 
Kate Smith
1 person likes this.
Wow...Sharmila... You have made my evening. Thank you for sharing. I am constantly inspired by the practice of Yin. And it brings me great comfort to know that the practice is equally as deep to others.  So glad this concept helped you. I can't take credit for it. The credit goes to Paul Grilley. He's my Yin teacher and the first time he spoke of this experience I was floored. I knew it was something that would change my life. A new perspective that gives me the chance to be a witness to the intuitive wisdom of my body. Now, when I am working in the yard and I lift something wrong (which happens every now and then), I know how to pause and LISTEN and let my body figure it out. I send you abounding LOVE ~ Kate
Shadha K
1 person likes this.
This is really relaxing.
Catherine K
Kate, thank you for putting together this life-changing set of yin poses for lower back and sciatica relief. In just 4 sessions, I've seen a dramatic decrease in hip muscle tightness and sciatica pain. And finally, some uninterrupted sleep! I love your calming voice, suggestions and clear instructions. Can't wait to try more of your videos.
Kate Smith
1 person likes this.
Yogi Sister Catherine! I'm so glad you enjoyed the class. Uninterrupted sleep is certainly a JOY...Hooray for that! Thank you for the kind words. Loved practicing with you through the cosmos. ~K
mary frances anderson
kate,

it wasn't too long ago that my doctor diagnosed sporadic intense pain as sciatic.  She recommended physical therapy.  I
am delightfully surprised to find this video!  Yoga beats PT six ways   to Sunday!!
Kate Smith
Mary! I am so excited to hear this....thanks for the feedback. Always nice when it helps...Sending so much love your way. ~ Kate
Katrin
1 person likes this.
I really loved this practice, thank you so much Kate Smith
31-40 of 61

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial