Inner Workings: Gentle Shoulders<br>Emma Warmington

Inner Workings: Gentle Shoulders
Emma Warmington

Watch this Practice
Megan J
2 people like this.
A practice I have longed for! I am soon off to teach my weekly gentle flow (heart of yoga inspired) and i certainly feel enlightened, affirmed and loved right now! thank you Emma for doing this and being you. So much love xxx
Emma Warmington
You are so welcome, Megan! Go and share the goodness with your community. You are a great teacher and they are fortunate to have you. Big LOVE! xo
Oceanna M
1 person likes this.
I honestly had a hard time staying with this one. It has a much slower pace than what I am used to. But I am looking forward to more of your videos. I can tell you harbor a connection to the breath and body that I am not yet aware of.
Emma Warmington
Hi Oceanna Thank you for your comment. I expect many people will find the same initially when they are not used to it. Because I practice like this all the time, my breath generally moves quite slowly, but please don't be put off - adapt the sequence to suit you - ie move a little faster and take maybe 3 or 4 breaths when I take 2. See if you can get used to the inhale, pause, exhale, pause even without moving your body, so you can tune into your own natural rhythm.

In some of the upcoming practices I definitely move a little faster. I love to allow my breath to move at whatever speed it's at on any given day, and let that be the guide to how my body moves.

Emma Warmington
Oceanna
Rather than start with trying to line up with my breath, can you have another go and try that? Let Your breath show you what speed to move - how fast or slow that happens is not important, and it will vary day by day - it only matters that you wait for your breath to move first, and then follow it. I know it can feel a little weird at first but it's such a magical treat. It literally changed everything for me and I just can't do without the yumminess.

As you get used to adding that little quality, over time your breath will very likely change and deepen.

Check back in with me after another few gos. I'd love to hear how things shift as you get used to it.

Thank you for practicing with me!
Emma
Simon ?
1 person likes this.
Love this gentle peace. Reminds me how these subtle movements have power in the depths. Blessings Emma Warmington.
Emma Warmington
Thank you, Simon A gentle pace for gentle peace :) And I totally agree, practice that is completely surrendered to breath is for me where the real power lies. Are we breathing or are we being breathed?
Much love
Emma
Angel B
1 person likes this.
Love this gentle tuning of the heart through shoulders. Completely appreciate allowing Breath to inspire movement (She is a tender guide). Thank you for this beautiful practice, Emma. Xoxo
Emma Warmington
Ah you are so welcome, Angel - thank you for commenting. I'm so happy you are loving it. The breath is the only guru worth listening to :) xo
Nicole M
1 person likes this.
mmmmm, what a yummy practice! More please!
1-10 of 19

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial