10-Day Meditation Challenge: Day 5: Listen to Your Heart<br>Rosemary Garrison

10-Day Meditation Challenge: Day 5: Listen to Your Heart
Rosemary Garrison

Watch this Practice
Johanna L
2 people like this.
SO interesting. The first 5 days I felt 10 minutes was too short, I usually meditate for longer periods. But today... it felt like an hour . It might have to do that I have worked 14 hour/day for 2 days and with a lot of pressure. The system is definitely affected by it. So a reflection of time , and how long 10 minutes is, according to how my daily life looks like. I think.
Rosemary Garrison
Yes, very interesting. And insightful. 10 minutes is not always the same... not at all. Another reason our meditation practice is so helpful- it can reflect where we are- how fatigued, depleted, angry, sad, energized, happy, etc. I hope you were able to get some much needed rest!
Matthew
1 person likes this.
like the prompt to link the feeling and the sensation that goes with it - made things more clear. thanks.
Rosemary Garrison
So glad if that was helpful.
Luis Carlos B
Rosemary thank you so much for the series. I'm finding seated meditation challenging in comparison to how i meditate before i go to bed.

Two questions:

I get pretty intense 'third-eye' lights in my eyes when they are closed and i meditate (lying down) before bed, is this a good/bad thing + should i expect to this to happen eventually in seated meditation?

Secondly, what do you advise we do after this ten day series is done? Should we be looking for further guidance in our practice?

Cheers
Rosemary Garrison
You are most welcome, Luis. Thank you for taking the journey.

Regarding the lights you see... I don't think it's either good or bad (as long as there is no pain associated with it). I would suggest "watching it" and exploring what arises, how you feel, etc. As to whether it will occur during meditation, I cannot say. Perhaps?! If so, it would be an ideal place to observe it- while staying connected to the breath.

When you are done with this practice, Yoga Anytime offers a series of other meditation practices (challenges and individual offerings). You could try them and/ or you could continue to sit on your own... weaving in the teachings from this experience. I'd say go with your instinct on what would serve you most!

Again, many thanks. And... enjoy!
Glenford N
2 people like this.
My heart and breath become one and dissolved into each other. I wasn't aware of breathing or of my heart beating. Just a profound silence and Space. Namaste.
Rosemary Garrison
What a beautiful state, Glenford . I am happy to know you tasted it. Namaste.
Kate M
4 people like this.
I felt that I had this tiny little heart, almost cowering in a corner of my chest, but then also, a heart so much larger, and radiant, that took in that little vulnerable heart.
Rosemary Garrison
Beautiful. Such poetry. To access that larger, radiant heart- I can think of no more blessed reason to sit.
1-10 of 13

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial