21-Day Meditation Challenge: Day 13: Mala Meditation<br>Nikki Estrada

21-Day Meditation Challenge: Day 13: Mala Meditation
Nikki Estrada

Watch this Practice
Curtis Hamilton
I loved this meditation experience. I liked the mala and the mantra together. It felt like this is the way I want to meditate from now on. The last time I meditated in the previous challenge, I was aware of my heart beat during part of the challenge. But this time I was very aware the whole time from beginning to end. It was not a distraction but I could feel the pulse on the left side of my body. In yoga classes I have been asked to feel my heartbeat and never could. But during this challenge I am starting to feel it for some reason. Now that I am finished meditating, I no longer feel it.
Kira Sloane
Curtis, I love following your experience with the meditation. Thank you!
Nikki Estrada
Curtis yes keep the comments coming- i love following along with you too!
Jenny S
1 person likes this.
📿 = 👍! Love using a mala...the 20 minutes seemed to fly by and now I'm feeling very relaxed...
Sarah F
3 people like this.
Thanks for this session! I have a quick question- is the mantra matched with each breath? It seems to take me the entire 20 minutes to go once through my mala beads. Just curious about this.
Nikki Estrada
Sarah no- you dont have to match the mantra with the breath, just breathe normal breath and focus on the mantra bead to bead!
Sarah F
Cool- thanks!
Sarah F
1 person likes this.
Cool- thanks!
Debra D
2 people like this.
Dear Nikki - this session was a great lesson for me about prejudice. Some years ago when I was beginning to learn meditation techniques, I decided that I *disliked* using a mala and so did not persist with it enough to become comfortable with it. I did keep the mala though and used it again this morning. It felt a little awkward physically and yet I experienced a deep meditation and, at the end, a feeling of prana moving around in my chest. I think the combination of breath, mantra PLUS the addition of concentrating on moving along the beads really worked to focus my mind. And I thought with a wry smile, well what do you know? I had rejected something that actually works for me... 📿✨
Nikki Estrada
Debra I had a similar experience- the mala always seemed so cumbersome to me, but when I finally committed to it and gave it some time- I loved it!
1-10 of 28

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial