Welcome to Yoga: Welcome to Season 1<br>Kira Sloane

Welcome to Yoga: Welcome to Season 1
Kira Sloane

Watch this Show Introduction
Bridgid M
2 people like this.
Thank You Kira for the friendly and warm invitation!
Maria Elena D
I embrace  being welcomed back to yoga and  relishing in beginners mind and experience- thank you Kira :) 
Kira Sloane
Maria Elena D, yes, I am always so grateful that Yoga welcomes me back! Glad you are here! xoK
Mohsin J
Hi Kira Sloane , hope you are well.
I am going to start with this course from tomorrow. I am still checking out different courses on YogaAnytime and see which feels right after few days practice. 
To give you some idea about me, I am a complete beginner, not very flexible and bit scared of doing yoga. I want my focus to be on building up my strength and stamina, so can you recommend me which courses would be good for this purpose? 
Also, the reason I am a bit scared is because I have read that some poses where there is tension on the back(where we are bending our back), increase the chance of injury to spine, so they should be avoided. I was hoping you could advice me how to have a safe practice and are there poses that should be avoided. Thank you.
Kind regards,
Mohsin

Kira Sloane
Happy New Year, Mohsin J! Glad you are here. Yes, please approach your yoga practice with tender care and self intelligence. This might be an alright place to start. We also have a Start Yoga Course with Alana and a Chair Yoga Show with Karen Kelly where you might feel more supported. If you can help me know what you are seeking from your yoga practice, I can more easily guide you. Warmly, Kira

Start Yoga

Chair Yoga
https://www.yogaanytime.com/show-view/151/Yoga-Show-Chair-Yoga
Mohsin J
Happy New Year to you too, Kira Sloane !
Thank you for the suggestions. I am already trying Alana's  course. Chair Yoga by Karen also looks a very good place to start, i will give it a try too.
As for what I am looking from my yoga practice, I have never been active in sports, so I would like to become more flexible and develop strong body. I want to be able to have enough strength in my arms so that it can support my body weight and have strong core. I would also like to focus on building stamina and endurance as I easily get out of breath when doing strenuous work, but I am not sure if yoga can help me with that or I should go for cardio exercises instead. I hope this information is useful and you can guide me  from this information. 
Warmest regards,
Mohsin
Kira Sloane
1 person likes this.
Mohsin J, wonderful! You might also try Alison's Beginning Arm Balances to develop upper body confidence.
A lot of members really appreciate Robert Sidoti's easy going nature and how he combines some fitness moves into the Yoga. He has lots of shows here, I have linked to some below.

Robert Sidoti's 30 Day Challenge
and his Show, Keepin' It Real
https://www.yogaanytime.com/show-view/75/Yoga-Show-Keepin-it-Real

Alison's show:
https://www.yogaanytime.com/show-view/191/Yoga-Show-Discover-Arm-Balancing

Keep us close on your journey!
Kira
< br />
Mohsin J
Kira Sloane, thank you for the help. I will check these classes too.

Warmest Regards,
Mohsin
Lillian M
1 person likes this.
Thank you so much. I am trying everything to help me.
Laura F
1 person likes this.
Guided by my sister Martha and my daughter Julia, I am here at your studio.  So happy to be here on this journey.  Thank you
1-10 of 11

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial