Welcome to Yoga: Bearing Our Own Weight<br>Kira Sloane

Welcome to Yoga: Bearing Our Own Weight
Kira Sloane

Watch this Practice
Eva P
oh wonderful. I feel wonderful after this practice. :))
Kira Sloane
hi there eva! thank you for being here. xok
Amy H
Hi Kira!
This is Amy Hunn from Otero. I'm SO enjoying your online classes. I have done yoga off and on for years, but it's nice to start with a beginning series, and work forward with one teacher. You do have such a wonderful style, too - I'm a choir director and singer, and everything you say about listening to your body and checking in really resonates for me. Thanks so much!
Kira Sloane
Amy! What a delightful pleasure to meet again here! I love to know that you are a choir director and singer! Can I hear you anywhere online? Fun! xokira
Stephen S
Kira, at the end you mention the idea of offering the benefits of this practice to another. I love that concept! That is huge! Thank you!
Donna R
1 person likes this.
Hi Kira, I started this program on May 8th and I absolutely love it. I followed your advice about researching various teachers and I am now practing with you only. I love your way of teaching! I have been following all your classes in season 1 which I am almost done with. Obviously season 2 would follow but what is the best approach for the practices that are for all levels? Should those be done before beginning season 2? Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for all that you do!! Donna Ricci
Kira Sloane
Dearest Donna, So happy you are here. Season 2 awaits you, and I encourage you to explore the "All Levels" classes at any time. With the exception of some of the yin and restorative practices in Wait for It and Relaxation Takes Practice shows, these All Level practices are rarely dependent on any previous experience or physical requirements and will invite you into some of the other kinds of practices like meditation, breath awareness, and chanting. You might enjoy some of the philosophical explorations as well. Be Well, xokira
Angela J
Thank you, this was great. I never realised how much we restrict our muscle movements ( computer work etc) until it was pointed out to me. I am sure my shoulder range of motion was much better I feel so restricted now but I will keep working on it. Down facing dog always poses a challenge for me, it hurts my wrists and I then realise that I must put more weight backwards, I sometimes forget and my elbows were hurting a few weeks ago and I had to back off for a few weeks but now I am working on better alignment and take my time.
Kira Sloane
Dearest Angela, sounds like you are practicing perfectly. Glad you are here. xok
Justine W
1 person likes this.
What a lovely welcome to yoga that was! It was my first ever time and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Perfect beginning to such a new and healthy habit for me. Thankyou so much, I am extremely grateful to you!
11-20 of 27

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial