Welcome to Yoga: Widening the Stance<br>Kira Sloane

Welcome to Yoga: Widening the Stance
Kira Sloane

Watch this Practice
wannabeyogi
Hi! This has been a great season for me as a beginner. I'm really tight in my hips so this episode was great in helping me start to gain mobility in that area.

I'm about to be done with this season. Could you suggest where to go next? Is there a season 2 of this series? I appreciate the help.
Kira Sloane
Dearest wannabeyogi, happy the practices are working. Looks like Season 2 of Welcome to Yoga will launch on March 8. Meanwhile, there are so many other shows you might connect with.

In Anatomy for Yogis, Season 1, Arturo explains the anatomy of the hips and offers an opening sequence. In Season 2, Jules also speaks about the biomechanics and offers a really sweet hip opening practice.

A lot of people really like Robert Sidoti's Keeping it Real and Kate Smith's Get a Backbone, Season 1 is a fantastic place to learn about the spine.

If one day you feel like a mellower practice, check out Wait For It, our latest yin yoga and meditation show.

Glad to be together.
xo
kira
wannabeyogi
Thank you so much. The anatomy of the hip series is especially helpful and I look forward to season 2. Hopefully you teach that season as well because you're awesome!
Simon ?
Kira, you really helped me today. Thank you so much. My body dynamics mean i can't access many standing postures and feel confident about them. Today you gave me freedom in Warrior pose, something i've never had before. I am so very grateful to you! May you always continue to shine your magical healing light. You are a wonderful angel. Blissful blessings Holly xxx
Kira Sloane
1 person likes this.
Dearest Holly, this makes me so happy! Yes, we are free. xok
Natasha S
Yes you are a wonderful Angel! Today baby CeCe climbed onto my tummy in happy baby. Best feeling ever X
Kira Sloane
Natasha, I cannot wait to meet CeCe. xok
Kate C
I loved this practice today and just had to echo Natasha from a month ago: my cat, Mish, jumped up on my belly for a ride in bridge. It was one of those moments of laugh-joy-gratitude.

I really love your teaching, Kira. Thank you!
Kira Sloane
Hi Kate! I love when my cat joins me too. His name is MeYou. xok
Kate C
1 person likes this.
That is a totally charming name for a kit-cat. Mine is called Mish - which comes from the Irish word "Misneach" which means Courage. He's the wildest, bravest creature I know!
11-20 of 26

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial