Aligned and Awake: Supported Foundation<br>Nathan Briner

Aligned and Awake: Supported Foundation
Nathan Briner

Watch this Practice
Megan M
1 person likes this.
What a Monday morning gift! Thank you Nathan Briner. I’m a year into my Foundation Level Iyengar Yoga Teacher Training under Helen Graham in Glasgow. Your cues are so clear and specific (eg brain in the back heel to turn the spine) that I connected with my home practice through your guidance. I’m looking forward to the rest of this series.
Nathan Briner
Thank you Megan! I’ll have to credit my teachers for helping me to cue in that way. I am excited for you and your journey ahead. So many wonderful things to discover!
Catherine R
1 person likes this.
I really enjoyed this practice! Simple, yet effective....I feel energized and buoyant! Thank you!
Nathan Briner
Thank you Catherine !
Sarah R
1 person likes this.
This was soooo cool! I only have two blocks at home (and they are a bit smaller than the ones you use) and still didn't master to get my feet off the floor, but nevertheless I could experience the benefits of the props and got a lot closer to headstand!
I am very much looking forward to the other classes!
Nathan Briner
Sarah ! Way to go! If you’re having trouble bringing your feet up, try using a chair or something stable as a booster. Set up the blocks as shown and set the chair facing the wall on your mat. Do everything like the video, lift into the “dolphin” pose, then place your feet on the chair. You should look like an upside down “L”. Then try taking one leg up and may two! Does this make sense?
Joan J
1 person likes this.
So nice, using the wall so helpful for balance. My arches have fallen so balance is a challenge. I love down dog with heels at the wall, such a different feel. Half moon was more attainable for me. Using the strap to stretch the leg out in front made that posture possible for me. I am not able to do a head stand, but I enjoyed the inversion. Grateful for your thoughtful way of approaching poses🌾
Nathan Briner
Joan, thank you for your feedback! I have found that supported half head stand to be such a wonderful pose, especially for those that cannot take pressure on the neck. I’m glad you enjoyed the modifications in this lesson.
Ali
Ali
I really loved that way of practising headstand.  It is a posture that has always scared me.  It took a couple of tries and me having a word with myself, but I got up and really enjoyed the posture today.  I will definitely practise it more now I know I can do this!
Nathan Briner
Right Ali! Yes, this position is a favorite of mine. It feels very comforting and supportive. I love that it helped you take a new step :) 
11-20 of 36

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial