Aligned and Awake: Spacious Chest and Shoulders<br>Nathan Briner

Aligned and Awake: Spacious Chest and Shoulders
Nathan Briner

Watch this Practice
Christel B
1 person likes this.
Enjoyed the thorough guidance through the poses feeling supported to understand the nuances of each asana.
Kate M
2 people like this.
Lovely sequencing : ) You communicate with clarity. There is a kind of positivity that comes through in your teaching . It is inspiring and delightful : )
Nathan Briner
Well that made my morning :)
Thanks Kate !
Janet L
1 person likes this.
Beautiful class!!! I love how you explain everything step by step!!!
Marlene K
2 people like this.
Such a good teacher 🙏
Nathan Briner
Thank you Marlene!
Ali
Ali
1 person likes this.
This was very useful for me, and I really loved the tip of pulsing to promote muscle memory. My chest feels open and expansive. Thank you Nathan.
Venera V
1 person likes this.
Hi Nathan, can my daughter who has a scoliosis do this practice? Especially with twists? Thanks

Nathan Briner
Venera , I am always a little hesitant to say yes or no in these instances because I don’t know your daughter’s situation fully. I am inclined to say that she should be fine to do the practice. When scoliosis is involved I always suggest shying away from attempting to strongly stretch the short side of the curve or attempting to make the sides symmetrical. Instead I have people focus on consistent practice, strength, and awareness of their sensations. This type of engaged process is what will help in the long run. As a rule, if there is pain or discomfort in the poses, back of the effort or skip the pose altogether for a while. I hope that info helps. - Nathan 
Venera V
2 people like this.
Hello, Nathan. Thank you for your answer. She does her own special scoliosis exercises which she learnt from Schroth methode clinic. I thought it could be useful to add some yoga practice especially because she mostly has a little hunched back and shoulders. I'm always cautious to offer her a yoga practice because I don't really know if it's beneficial for her condition of harmful.
1-10 of 16

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial