Awaken to You: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 12: Drop In<br>Shelley Williams

Awaken to You: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 12: Drop In
Shelley Williams

Watch this Practice
Jenny S
3 people like this.
Such a lot of yummy goodness packed into a half hour. Love to rock the blocks!
Shelley Williams
Jenny Hi Jenny! So nice to hear from you each day :) Glad you had fun rocking the blocks..heehee :) have a nice day today!
Tracy S
4 people like this.
Thank you for sharing this slow flow today. I loved how you explained the grace of slow flow as one long expression of movement and breath. Here is to taking it with us off the mat! Peace and Blessings! :)
Shelley Williams
Tracy Excellent... Yes, it helps me to stay connected when I think of one long vinyasa rather than separate boxes to hit/ check off. I love that you are lending that elegance to how you move off the mat as well :)
M Angela C
3 people like this.
Loved this practice as well as the 10 before it! I was able to connect well to the Temple door analogy and it helped me to let go of my ego! My arm wrap seemed effortless today with the guidance you shared. My aha moment - when I focus on my breath instead of chasing the pose the pose reveals itself. This practice allowed me to practice that. Thank you 🙏
Helen D
2 people like this.
I have osteoarthritis in my knees so I’m very stiff so unfortunately cant do the crow pose. So instead I kneel back on my knees, this stretches things out for me. Thank you Shelley for another great session.
Melissa H
2 people like this.
I had a tiny blast off in Crow Pose for the first time! Woo hoo! I felt, though, a cramping in my rectus abs in the middle. I had a C-Section 6.5 years ago and sometimes feel cramping at the incision on the right side in certain forward folds. My question: are there poses I can do to strengthen other areas so I am not recruiting *so much* from rectus abs? Or is there another way to overcome this new obstacle? Thanks so much for these wonderful practices!! Your sequencing is so fabulous.
Shelley Williams
M M Angela That is so wonderful... yes, if we just focus on the process rather than the end result, sometimes these postures end up showing up with ease (and of course in consideration of injury or special conditions~ with time, patience, perseverance 😃) congrats!
Shelley Williams
Helen that is just fine~ when we figure out ways to work with our “kinks” rather than against them, it keeps us in the flow. Some other options during crow (that are kind to stiff knees, and stay within the key actions) are: Happy Baby on your back, or a little core work on your back, or a high squat only going as deep as your knees allow without pain 🤩
Shelley Williams
Melissa hey! Congrats!! It will keep gaining more flight with practice. Tips for cramping rectus ab: come out of crow and counter stretch (small camel pose or cobra/ up dog) try working with engaging transverse abdominus on the reg~ whole core engagement without spinal flexion. When in crow, engage core and coil up in lumbar area, but try to reach chest/ heart/ thoracic spine forward at the same time to lengthen upper rectus abs.... 🤓
1-10 of 28

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial