Living the Yamas and Niyamas: Santosha (Contentment)<br>Robert Sidoti

Living the Yamas and Niyamas: Santosha (Contentment)
Robert Sidoti

Watch this Practice
Lauri K
3 people like this.
Dang you’re right it’s easy to be content when I have activities that relax me whether cooking reading working yoga or gardening, but when activity isn’t a choice and the “what if’s” anxiety start screaming, that’s when my work begins to try & realign the contentment. When I master that I’ll be a happy camper. Meanwhile I’ll try to be content on the way lol. That’s a hard one.
Jenny S
4 people like this.
As I am personally grappling with yet another “challenge” off the mat, I’ve been practicing a lot of heart opening and meditative yoga and it totally helps. Adding in this practice of Santosha is true yoga medicine for the soul. Life really is beautiful when we choose to see it that way. ✨✨✨
Robert Sidoti
Hi Lauri! Thanks for your comment and for being here! I think it's really difficult and challenging to be absolutely content or satisfied when life comes to a standstill so to speak - when there aren't the tasks or activities, the things that keep us 'busy' in our lives. How can we understand more clearly our minds in these quiet moments, or not so quiet because the mind is rambling and shouting it's fears and as you say 'what if's' all over the place, it can make us a little crazy, that's why we seek the task or activity, so to get away from the mind chatter. This is a much longer conversation than this comment forum allows:) Feel free to check this link for more info if you'd like, I have taken some gems of info from it! https://swamij.com/yoga-sutras-10104.htm
Robert Sidoti
Beautiful message and practice Jenny!! I appreciate so much your sharing here! I just posted a quote from Thich Nhat Hanh that is relevant to this conversation I think : ) "The true miracle is not walking on water or walking in air, but simply walking on earth" As you said - Life is beautiful if you choose to see it as that!
Martha K
4 people like this.
Wow! That one hit me like a ton of pillows! A slow contentment and satisfaction permeating my being. Ahhhhhhhhh.... 
Robert Sidoti
Hello there Martha and happy Sunday!! Sounds like a positive experience you’ve had:) 
“Like a ton of pillows”, love that! 
Eliana C
1 person likes this.
Contentment. Namastê.
Robert Sidoti
Namaste and thank you Eliana 🙏🏽🤗
Suzanne D
1 person likes this.
Robert, It is now March of 2020 and the globe is dealing with COVID 19. This class tonight reminded me that contentment comes from with in. The circumstances are what they are. Do I let them disturb me or I take facts and use them to add to my contenment in the quickly changing times thanks Suzanne
Robert Sidoti
Thanks for this thoughtful comment Suzanne :))  Still March and Covid is still very present. I'm happy this practice has helped you to feel that elusive sense of contentment we all strive for - maybe we 'strive' to hard and look outside beyond ourselves too often - it seems to be right here within ourselves, hard to notice when it's covered by so many stories and layers of 'stuff'. Anyway, that's a longer conversation, haha. Lotsa love to you and big gratitude for you practicing with us here! Robert
1-10 of 17

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial