Align with Freedom: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 11: Balance 5<br>Nathan Briner

Align with Freedom: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 11: Balance 5
Nathan Briner

Watch this Practice
Nathan Briner
Caterina C, I completely understand your frustration with Bakasana. I feel it’s Important to say that I also experience those voices and thoughts that you mentioned. I’ve come to the conclusion that the magic of yoga is about learning to de-fuse and un-trigger these thoughts by being willing to jump on the mat and face them (and the difficult poses) with an open heart. 
If there is anything specific I can help with bakasana, let’s work on it together. 
Rosanna S
2 people like this.
This was also quite challenging for me. It felt like a huge leap from the last class to what was here, and I think I need a little more warm up before the arm balances. I got an unexpected muscle cramp on my right front ribs with the first one so had to back out of it. However, I loved the sequencing through the rest of the class to unwind from the strong practice at the beginning and feel great now!
Michelle
1 person likes this.
Ohhhh my!! My first time ever attempting an arm balance pose!! I held it for a nanosecond before toppling back. I had a skateboarding accident in 2019 and got right shoulder arthroscopic surgery, I also had compression injury to both wrists. I would like to strengthen my wrists- maybe that'd give me a stronger foundation? Thank you for another refreshing challenge!!!
Nathan Briner
Holy smokes Michelle!! Congratulations :) Looks great 💪 
Yes, wrist strength is helpful for balances but mobility is also a big component. Do you have 90° of wrist extension?
Michelle
1 person likes this.
Yes, both wrists range of motion can reach 90 degrees. It is a new sensation for my body- I imagine, a little each day will get me there! Thank you!!
Nathan Briner
Michelle, you got it 😎
Laura M
2 people like this.
Such a great practice! I am so glad I am doing this challenge. Thank you!!! 
Nathan Briner
Laura M, thank you for sharing your experience. I love to hear you’re enjoying it :)
Sandra Židan
Crow pose was a bit challenging for me today - I paused the video and tried to do it on my own few times and I did it- I could hold the pose for a few seconds. Thank you very much, Nathan, for this interesting practice! Namaste! 💜
Nathan Briner
Sandra Židan congrats on nailing the crow pose!
31-40 of 40

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial