Aligned and Awake: Content and Container<br>Nathan Briner

Aligned and Awake: Content and Container
Nathan Briner

Watch this Practice
Ali
Ali
1 person likes this.
I really love the slinky analogy. This will really help me to create evenness in my backbends. I will definitely be using this with my students too. Thank you Nathan.
Nathan Briner
Ali, I love that you’re digging the slinky experience :)
the slinky idea is something that Ive been playing with a lot these days in my practice. Seeing the spine in this way has totally changed my understanding of how the spine actually moves. I’ve found that actively moving the pinnacle of the “slinky arch” (the dorsal region of the thoracic) deeper into the body allows the spine to freely and  safely bend. It’s wild! I’m excited to hear what you discover in your backbends! 
Brenda S
Another interesting lesson. I learned when I bring the shoulder Blades together that my spine became more centered. I have also been applying the principles of awareness learned in previous sessions, especially the connection of the arms during downward dog and how it does help me to focus inward. The sessions just go so quickly. Thank you, Namaste
Kate M
1 person likes this.
An interesting look at how to find balance in spinal extension with the different parts of the spine. Thank you, Nathan Briner .
Nathan Briner
Thank you Kate M
Shawn M
1 person likes this.
Such a great class with wonderful anatomy cues! Thank you!

Nathan Briner
Shawn M thank you!
11-17 of 17

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial