Yoga for Athletes: Deep in the Core<br>Lydia Zamorano

Yoga for Athletes: Deep in the Core
Lydia Zamorano

Watch this Practice
Paige G
Woo-ee! My core was talking to me during that whole practice! Thanks for waking up its stagnant energy :)
Ashley S
Awesome practice! I truly enjoyed it, Thank you Lydia :)
Lydia Zamorano
Ashley, so glad you enjoyed it.
There will be a couple more practices coming out next week for a new season of Yoga For Athletes. Please let me know what you think of them. :)
Ashley S
I can't wait. This was the first practice I've done with you and certainly wont be the last. Your precise cueing and creative approach is impressive and helped me push my limits a little more than usual. (by the way I really dig your hair)
Lydia Zamorano
Hi Ashley. You are too sweet. haha Thank you. So happy we're practicing together.
Silke S
1 person likes this.
Namasté and thank you for this sequence. I love your sweet voice, and the small alignments you are teaching in the pose. Silke
Lydia Zamorano
Hi Silke. Thanks for saying and for practicing with me. Happy and Safe Holiday season to you and your family. Lydia
Joan J
This really tapped into my core, I felt muscles I wasn't aware of. I appreciate your gentle coaching and taking time on the positioning. Thank you Lydia.
Joan J
1 person likes this.
I love doing this, but my lower back is really stressed when both arms and legs are used. How can take the pressure off my low back, and still benefit in the core? Thank you Lydia.
Lydia Zamorano
Hi Joan Great question.
Try these things and let me know how it feels.
Find your two frontal hip bone points. When doing the work, try squeezing these together and drawing them down into your abdomen slightly. You don't have to obliterate your lower back curve however.
Keep more points of contact with the ground. Try not using your arms or not using your legs in the exercise. Alternate.
Make the movements smaller and bend your elbows and your knees more. This might help make your limbs feel lighter and easier to manage.
LOVE. Lydia Zamorano
1-10 of 28

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial