Yoga for Trauma: Safe Space Meditation<br>Kyra Haglund

Yoga for Trauma: Safe Space Meditation
Kyra Haglund

Watch this Practice
Kyra Haglund
(Continued)
in next post) ...

While it can be uncomfortable when that happens, it is not necessarily a bad thing. Triggers can offer us an opportunity to see where we might want to try or continue doing some deeper work with our own therapist or counselors. They can also be an opportunity to remind us that we have the power to choose not to do things that don’t work for our systems. I’m glad you listened to yourself and stopped what wasn’t working for you.

Thank you again for voicing your experience here. I’m guessing that it will probably validate other’s experience and remind us all that there is not one ‘right’ way to healing. If you’d like to discuss a little further, feel free to Direct message me. I’d be more than happy to communicate.

Warmly, Kyra.
M S
M S
2 people like this.
Like Christina I found this difficult. I was in a bad space this morning when I went to it and I cried really hard. But I didn't stop as I felt it was nelping to try and stay in the space. I imagined my therapist and her room which has become my 'safe space' of choice at the moment (it took a few years!) . Thank you Kyra Haglund . I will return to it and know I'm getting stronger the less it troubles me.
Bridgid M
1 person likes this.
Wonderful guided meditation - Thank You!
Jody S
1 person likes this.
At first my lower back was really tight in response but it eased a bit
Jody T
1 person likes this.
i couldn't find my safe space, I kept imagining different caves but became frustrated at myself for not being able to find one where I could rest and be at peace.
Ashley
1 person likes this.
Jody, I understand that same feeling of frustration myself. I hope you can allow yourself the space (and compassion) as you continue this practice, frustration and peace alike. You've got this within you, my friend. xo
Paula A
1 person likes this.
Wow. When you said to see how the body felt, I had some spasms or trembles just suddenly come out of me. It was very new for me and I do think some releases were actually happening! Thank you so much.
Sue C
The cave for me was scary - a dark place underground. I tried to make it lighter but I still felt trapped and I think I froze as my breathing felt like it was  almost stopping, just like a possum in fact. 
Kyra Haglund
Hi Sue, Thanks for the feed back.  I'm so sorry that you had that experience.  After I filmed this for YogaAnytime, I actually started using a different version of this visualization/meditation that supports the student to make a space where ever feels best for them.  Some people choose to make it near a tree with lots of light, others put their space up in a tree, like a tree house.  It's so important to have choice and I'm so sorry that version of the meditation didn't offer that for you.  

Wondering, if you were able to imagine a space in the world to construct a sweet, protected space for yourself, where it might be?  The beach, mountains, etc?  And what that space would look like, including having doors and windows if you'd like?  
Melissa H
Thankyou for this! I feel so at peace in my little cave
11-20 of 22

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial