Aligned and Awake: Rhythm and Bliss<br>Nathan Briner

Aligned and Awake: Rhythm and Bliss
Nathan Briner

Watch this Practice
Michelle F
1 person likes this.
Thank you Nathan, 
I really do feel quite blissful after this practice today. I found that prone stretch of knee to shoulder deeply satisfying- love when I'm introduced to simple new tweaks that make a difference.
Have a wonderful day!
loveandpeacexxx
Nathan Briner
Michelle F that sounds like a wonderful session 🙏
Ali
Ali
1 person likes this.
I loved the integration of alignment principles in this rhythmic and flowing practice. I stopped the video a couple of times because it felt so blissful and balanced. I really love this way of practising downward dog with high heels. I also found that with feet together it was much easier to keep my hips and shoulders square and balanced in 3 legged dog. Thank you for so many valuable principles of alignment. I will return to this series many times and will integrate it into my teaching. Thank you for sharing your wisdom.
Nathan Briner
Ali, it’s so great to hear that these principles are connecting with you. I’m going to be posting more videos to take the practice even deeper on my Instagram page @nathan_briner. I think you’ll really dig the new ideas :) 
Ali
Ali
1 person likes this.
Thanks Nathan. I already started following you a couple of days ago on Instagram - I look forward to those videos! 🙏🏽
Sally S
1 person likes this.
Thanks. We need more time in the poses.
Nathan Briner
Glad you enjoyed the session, Sally S 🙏
Brenda S
1 person likes this.
Excellent, putting the principles together helped to feel the body as one during movements. And it was interesting when you said if you feel like crap and your hamstring that means that it needs to be strengthened, I had that hamstring… Now I know I need to strengthen it  Grateful
Nathan Briner
Brenda S, yes :) Doing some strengthening for the hamstrings is a good plan. I’ll also add that I see many students overstretch the hamstring just to get that “stretching” feeling. But, they are neglecting the flexion movement needed in the spine to complete the pose. So the spine remains under stretched and the hamstrings are taking in too much movement. If you feel a lot of stretch in your hamstrings try backing off of hip flexion and look for more balanced movement in the length of the spine. I’d love to hear what you discover. 
Du T
1 person likes this.
This was such a fantastic series, and a beautiful ending. Thank you Nathan. I will certainly revisit this leason many times more.
11-20 of 31

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial